View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #559
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

I just finished the first game of my franchise with the Cincinnati Reds vs the St Louis Cardinals and it was an absolutely insane pitcher battle. Wainwright vs Arroyo. Both pitchers went well into the latter innings, neither giving up a run until I walked one of the Cards hitters in the bottom of the eighth with 2 outs. That came back to bite me, as the next hitter doubled into deep Left Center. Ended up only allowing that one run, but that could have very well been the dagger in this game, as runs were at a premium.

I was able to get Stubbs aboard on a chopper up the middle. I was going to bunt him over to second, but guess who got picked off? Yep... 1 down. Phillips comes up, and lines out to 3rd, on an absolute shot, just couldn't find a whole. All hope was lost, until Jay Bruce steps into the plate, and takes a 2-2 fastball deep into Left for the game tying HR. As soon as it hit the bat, the camera changed to a dramatic pan. Absolutely beautiful. Bruce pumped his fist as he rounded first, and the crowd was absolutely lovin it.

Bring in my closer, and get the Cardinals 1, 2, 3 in the top of the 10th, brinigng up my Redstockings once again. Votto was unable to make anything happen (story of the day). Scott Rolen was able to get aboard on a bloop single to CF. I tried to bunt him over to second with Ramon Hernandez... laid down a very nice bunt... pitcher fielded, and threw in one motion, throwing high. Pujols jumped and attempted to bring it down to the bag... but it was too late. First and second with 1 down. The unlikely hero Orlando Cabrera steps into bat, and takes a 2-1 pitch deep to Right Center, dropping perfectly allowing Rolen to motor home... to take the win with a walk off single.

Absolutely a nail biting game.