View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
AmazingMets
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Dane West's Journey to the Hall of Fame

Chapter 2: The Goodbye

"Daneee someone's here to see you!" my mom called from the kitchen.

I was upstairs in my room packing. I had been informed by the Cubs that I was going to be sent to their Double-A affiliate, the Tennessee Smokies. They are located in Kodak, Tennessee. Where the hell is that?

"DANE!" shouted my girlfriend Lindsey as she ran into my room and tackled me in a huge hug. "I am so happy for you!"

"Thanks babe. The Cubs are sending me to Tennessee to play double-a ball. Can you believe?"

"Tennessee? But, that's so far!" she responded sadly.

"It's not that far hun," I replied trying to raise her spirits. "And just think of it this if I make it to the majors, I might be able to get you free tickets the next time the Mets come to Wrigley to play the Cubs!"

"That could be fun," she said, with the start of a smile on her face, "I am just going to miss you so much!"

"I'm going to miss you too Linds," I said, stroking her face, "I'll come home to visit as much as I can. But, you have to know, especially the first month that I get to Kodak, I am going to be very busy. Getting settled, meet the team and my coaches. It is going to be very hectic."

"I understand, call me whenever you can though!"

"Oh, I will."

"When do you leave Dane?" Lindsey asked.

"My plane leaves at 10AM tomorrow, and I still have so much packing to do."

"Ohhh, I'll leave then. Don't want to make you not be ready," Lindsey said.

"Okayy, by Linds. I'll call you as soon as I land okay?"

"Sounds good. I'll be sitting next to the phone until I hear from you!"

"Bye Lindsey!"