View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #748
hyacinth1
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Finally got the game. Was hesitant because got this game last few years and was disappointed.

Pleasant surprise this year! I can see how people are saying the game is fun to play, because it is. It has a freshness to it.

hat I like :

Modes I've tried :

MY PLAYER : EXCELLENT! It's basically ROAD TO THE SHOW and I can play this forever.

MLB TODAY : great Idea. I can see myself playing big games as they happen in real life.

Gameplay :

PITCHING : I knew this pitching model and while it was a good idea last year, it was too accurate. But this year they again went the way of THE SHOW where the ball will actually behave like real life (physics) based on the pitch. Great, but even better, the stick mechanism adds more of a challange to pitching than just pressing a button like in THE SHOW. They copied the pitching physics of the show and added to it w/ the stick motion controls. Nice.

Fielding : I like it. I like that the game plays fast on the field, like high heat use to.

Batting : I absolutely suck at this right now so no comment. I tried to change the camera angle so I hope that helps. I do like the fact that when your batter is up, you see his contact and power ratings, so it helps what type of swing you should use.

Bottom line : they tried to copy MLB THE SHOW and I think they did a good job at it, and added their own spin. I guess you can call it a poor man's MLB THE SHOW but that's a good thing. I think the SHOW got a bit stale last year as well as 2K, but this game feels very new and fresh this year. I have not played the show this year so I cannot really compare the two titles. But I'm happy with MY PLAYER mode here which is basically Road to the Show on 360.