View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #81
dmick4324
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Weight and Height Should Factor DIRECTLY Into OVR Ratings

Now I don't want to be an a**hole but I'm completely baffled by some people that responded in this thread. It seems like everyones trying to be Socrates and develop a philosophy for this topic. It's completely simple, take the Steve Smith example. Yes he's agile and low to the ground so it's easier for him to explode after the catch on a ball thrown lower. But if you made him 6'4, for the purpose of the topic he would still have the same agility and ability to accelerate after the catch regardless of where it's thrown. If you are seriously telling me you'd take the 5'9 version of Steve Smith over the SAME guy with the SAME abilities but add 7 inches you're completely insane. I'm really glad you're not running my franchise then.

Sorry, onto the topic lol. Yes I do think height and weight should be a factor in overall rating. It's just a lot easier for a guy to succeed with the prototypical physical attributes. More importantly though, height and weight should have a much more dramatic impact on gameplay than it does now. I also think there should be some kind of boost, a very small boost, if you draft or sign a FA that fits into the coaches philosophy and scheme.
Advertisements - Register to remove