dmick4324
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Weight and Height Should Factor DIRECTLY Into OVR Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Would it matter?

A top WR is a top WR.

It's not like 5'9 Steve Smith is average but 6'4 Steve Smith is a HoFer.

If a 5'9 guy can perform to a high level, how would that be hurting a franchise if they picked him over the 6'4 guy who is also performing at a high level? That would be, basically, saying the Panthers hurt their franchise by taking Steve Smith instead of a 6'4 guy who's just as good. If both are "just as good" then how is one a bad choice?

Sounds like either one would be a fine choice because either one would be a top tier WR.

Now if shaving 7 inches off the 6'4 guy hampered his ability, then, yes, take the 6'4 guy who can perform for his skill set (i.e. height really matters to what he can do on the field).

But between two guys who can get me 1100-1500 yds a year? I say...either...or both.
Bro, you're misunderstanding again. If you were able to give Steve Smith a pill today that would add 7 inches of height, would you or would you not do it? If EVERYTHING stayed the same his speed, agility, acceleration etc., would you or would you not give him that pill? What would be the reason not to?