View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #2425
tj1182
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

DICE: "We Don't Ever Want To Charge For Our Battlefield Maps"

Quote:
Presumably as a direct response to the 1200 Microsoft Point pricetag slapped on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's Stimulus Map Pack, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 developer DICE has pledged never to charge players for downloadable maps.
MW2's Stimulus Map Pack was released on March 30th, but ran into a few snags before it was actually available for players to use properly. Battlefield: Bad Company 2's free VIP 2 Map Pack went live on the same day, and EA appears to be happy with the arrangement. For now that is. It remains to be seen how long EA will allow this to be the case.
"We don't ever want to charge for our maps and insisted to EA that this attitude was crucial when it came to keeping our community happy and playing together," DICE senior producer Patrick Bach told Xbox World 360 magazine.
Bach then went on to tell the magazine that "generous" amounts of DLC is planned for Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
I hope they stick to their word. I think this is a good Marketing strategy especially after the stunt Infinity ward pulled by over charging for their map pack without fixing that mess they call a game. I just hope it's not just rehashes of Conquest/Rush maps already in the game.
NY Knicks :(

Advertisements - Register to remove