Old 04-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #13
Phobia
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: UFC 2010: Finish in any position!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
No the ref stops the fight after a couple more hits after the "black and white" stage. Take GSP and go side control and keep doing high knees to his ribs. After it goes black and white and you pull off 2 or 3 more high knees, the ref comes in and yells "Stop!" I believe this happens when you are in open guard and keep punching their body too. From what I remember, you can't knock them out strictly throwing body shots. I sold the game a long time ago, but I remember messing with kids and making the fight last forever by just making it go black and white to the point where everytime I throw a punch or kick and it lands on their body, they fall over.
I think what every one is missing of what I am saying is this. Yea the black and white will happen "rarely" BUT even when it does it means NOTHING. They can transition just as normal, block as normal, even reverse as normal. There is no STUNNED STATE. It is basically a cue that the guy is about to be KOed. But there is not stunned state like in the stand up game.

See this video. At the 1:37 mark "Pit Bull" lands a knee that "ROCKS" him. Then when the kick lands he falls in the "STUNNED" state. This can't happen from ground and pound.

Then 2:34 instant KO from ground. This is the norm in 09.

3:07 another Stunned TKO resulting from the stand up. Again the norm.

There is a video around here somewhere that I remember seeing someone getting rocked from the ground position in 10. I think it might of been from the community day event. I will try and find it

Here is one example. Watch how his hands drops to his side the moment he is rocked from the full mount position. He gets his hands up but takes 2 shots before doing so. DAMN this just looks soo amazing and much more realistic

4:13 mark

Last edited by Phobia; 04-08-2010 at 05:53 PM.