View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 06:14 PM   #36
wwharton
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Josh McDaniels ruining the Broncos from the inside out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I like how you talk like you are the authority on all things football!

Most pro coaches only get an input on the guys they want. The GM's are the guys pulling the trigger that in itself should kill this debate.

Im sure the average job span of college coaches exceed pro coaches aswell.

And sure you might have your main guys to "Build around" longer ,but coaches have way more control at the college level than pros.
You interpret tone through text. But I do coach (basketball, not football) and have a pretty good understanding of the difference between recruiting players and throwing money at players... 4 year institutions and 10 year careers. It's really got nothing to do with all things football, it's common sense. You'll probably take that as insulting too but don't know what else to call it. Recruiting isn't signing players. And you can put it on the GM instead of the coach if you want... NFL organizations find players to put in their system rather than "taking what they get".

I think you're confusing the fact that it's harder to build dynasties and keep players around as long as teams used to with the idea that NFL teams can't and don't build that way. Yes, it's harder than it used to be to maintain an entire team. That doesn't make it college or anywhere close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I said they wouldnt make the playoffs after the 6-0 start. And they didnt.
Ahhh, so you had them going 6-0, and only when they got there did you comment on if they'd make the playoffs? I'm pretty sure the most die hard Bronco fans on this board had them winning around 7-9 games and they won 8... when they started 6-0 they didn't adjust that total. So I guess you had them winning 6 games last year? I mean you're saying that McDaniels is ruining the team so you have to think they did worse than you expected them to so you thought they'd win 8 games or more going into the season last year?