View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #41
LeonM
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Your Pros/ Cons of Backbreaker...

PROS

Besides Euphoria which is the game's biggest selling point. It's nice to play a whole new style of football game that has an engine that respects physics and player awareness.

The biggest selling point for me is the depth and long term playability of Backbreaker. APF failed in my book because of the lack of user freedom and the lack of playable modes.

In Backbreaker, You have the freedom to create and edit all your teams and players. You can edit and create what ever you want. Very user friendly where in APF, You were limited in naming the players on your roster and naming your teams.

APF lacked franchise. Not only does Backbreaker have franchise modes. It has two seperate franchise modes. You also have tackle alley, spilt screen, multi-player, arcade, online etc....These are the reasons that I pre-ordered Backbreaker.

I love the new look and feel to the game. I am happy that this game didn't try to copy Madden or 2K's games. The camera view looks great now and this is going to be a fun and challenging game to play.

CONS

Hard for me to get over the player models. I hate them. It's good that there are multiple buildss for each position and player but I am not a fan of the body armour and visor look of all the players.I understand why the developers did it but I don't like the look.

No injuries and fatigue. Two key components in real football that have yet to be done right in football video games. Even though each roster needs up to 37 players minimum because of all the different basic football formations. It would have been nice if injuries and fatigue could have implemented in Backbreaker without effecting the gameplay. The makers claim that because this is a new engine being used for football that it would have hurt the gameplay to have those features in now.

The non license certainly effects sales, interest and product awareness but as a hardcore football fan and gamer. The non license is a blessing in disguise because it gives mt the user, the freedom to create any team or any league that I want. I can play with NFL teams, I can play with NCAA teams, I can create and play with NFL legends teams. I can create and play with CFL,USFL,XFL,UFL and even high school teams.

Long term playability is the key. I hope that the gameplay is good. It won't be perfect but I am betting that because of euphoria that there will be elements of greatness in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove