View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 05:08 AM   #30
Johnny "Too Tall"
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: My advice to the Makers of BackBreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I am gonna have to disagree. As you know when you play real football, you have peripheral vision, also you have almost an innate sense or feel of what's going in around you. You simply can't convey that in a video game, and those senses are completely gone with the in game camera. Also depth perception in a camera angle like this particularly throwing the ball downfield is problematic. Maybe it's just me, but I really don't have a great feel for distances down the field in relation to where players are from each other. I think that's due to the lack of depth perception from this camera angle. While I understand people like it, I disagree it's more sim like.

I've played the demo quite a bit this afternoon. While imo, there's a lot to like to the game, and I am for sure picking it up on release day, I am not a fan of the camera at all. Feels like I am playing football with one eye closed from a sensory perspective.
Absolutely agree with this statement. The sad thing is I would probably buy this game if it wasn't for the camera angle and I don't think I'm the only one. It just makes more sense from an economics points of view to appeal to as many as possible and I just get the feeling the camera angle is really going to turn some people off. I kinda felt the same way about AP2K8, because they didn't have a franchise mode and they included generic players. So close, yet a couple little things completely screw it up.

Last edited by Johnny "Too Tall"; 05-22-2010 at 05:17 AM.