Old 06-06-2010, 07:08 AM   #66
DaRealist01
Rookie

DaRealist01's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Christrian Ponder Rating What you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
I watched Ponder play since his 1st spring game when he broke a nice run after breaking a CB's ankles(not literally). Since then my cousin also played for FSU's D-line so I have been lucky enough to see the majority of Ponder's college career. IMO Ponder is overrated. I'm a nole, but I'm a football fan 1st. A hate when people assume just because some one is smart academically that they are also football instinctive. Year after year I have watched Ponder lock onto one target and or hold on to the ball too long. FSU's offense hardly ever stretched the field w/ Ponder. At this point I don't know if it was because of the young O-line or Ponder. The majority of his throws these past couple of seasons have been medium to short routes. I swear if I have to watch another game with 5+ bubble screens I'll scream.
Tell me this post is a joke...

I don't really have to post much because most of everything I want to say has been sum'd up by jclen, but some rival fans, the OP for example,(and a couple of nole fans) really have no clue what's going on in regards to fsu football.

Also to the miami fan who raved about JH 'comeback' win. That win would have been Ponders had Fortson not dropped the ball in the endzone. WRs really hurt this team early on last year with a ton of key drops and fumbles and in turn people want to say Ponder didn't play all that well by just looking at stats alone.

On topic: I see ponder being in the low-mid 90s.

SN: Also, I see people having Brantley rated high 80s-low 90s. I don't watch a lot of gator games but what has me done to garner that? I don't recall him having any meaning playing time outside of garbage time. And please don't bring up the spring gm. Any QB can look good when they know they can't get blitzed or get hit