Home

Christrian Ponder Rating What you think

This is a discussion on Christrian Ponder Rating What you think within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2010, 05:55 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Christrian Ponder Rating What you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Matt Barkley and Mitch Mustain that high? right....
And Andrew Luck and Jack Locker should be 1 and 2
Yes, I did this before I heard that they stretched out the ratings and have added in the Potential ratings. With the Potential Ratings, Barkley will drop in my ratings low. The reason I had him so high there, was because he will be a NFL quarterback some day and with the way NCAA progresses players, you got to make him good enough to want to leave early, or be the top senior for when they enter Madden. Mitch Mustain is also a good quarterback who got a bad draw in life with how he did his recruitment, how his family cried to Arkansas about how the offense was suppose to be. He should have went to another school to play 3 years. But Mustain will be in the NFL next year and is a good quarterback who could start on many teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2010, 07:08 AM   #66
Rookie

DaRealist01's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
I watched Ponder play since his 1st spring game when he broke a nice run after breaking a CB's ankles(not literally). Since then my cousin also played for FSU's D-line so I have been lucky enough to see the majority of Ponder's college career. IMO Ponder is overrated. I'm a nole, but I'm a football fan 1st. A hate when people assume just because some one is smart academically that they are also football instinctive. Year after year I have watched Ponder lock onto one target and or hold on to the ball too long. FSU's offense hardly ever stretched the field w/ Ponder. At this point I don't know if it was because of the young O-line or Ponder. The majority of his throws these past couple of seasons have been medium to short routes. I swear if I have to watch another game with 5+ bubble screens I'll scream.
Tell me this post is a joke...

I don't really have to post much because most of everything I want to say has been sum'd up by jclen, but some rival fans, the OP for example,(and a couple of nole fans) really have no clue what's going on in regards to fsu football.

Also to the miami fan who raved about JH 'comeback' win. That win would have been Ponders had Fortson not dropped the ball in the endzone. WRs really hurt this team early on last year with a ton of key drops and fumbles and in turn people want to say Ponder didn't play all that well by just looking at stats alone.

On topic: I see ponder being in the low-mid 90s.

SN: Also, I see people having Brantley rated high 80s-low 90s. I don't watch a lot of gator games but what has me done to garner that? I don't recall him having any meaning playing time outside of garbage time. And please don't bring up the spring gm. Any QB can look good when they know they can't get blitzed or get hit
Old 06-06-2010, 08:26 AM   #67
Banned

Xaos's Arena

OVR: 15

Brantley hasn't started a game, has he?

And probably somewhere between 85-89 for Ponder.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #68
Rookie

rockytopper522's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATORFAN4EVA
I don't wanna watch the dude it's fsu lol, an well of course you can carve up D's all day long but that don't mean crap if you don't get it in the endzone witch by stats he didn't do very much. Idk what you Fsu fans are worried about he's gonna be a 95 overall... EA is so in love with your team it's not even funny an I'm sure that plain bad DEFENSE will get at least a B+ you watch.
jacory harris and christian ponder are going to put florida football back on the map ! great young qb's from florida
Old 06-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #69
Rookie

Barkley7's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Matt Barkley and Mitch Mustain that high? right....
And Andrew Luck and Jack Locker should be 1 and 2
OK, Jake Locker = Jevan Snead 2.0. I can't believe how much hype one player can receive on having such mediocre stats and playing on a 5-7 team. Yes, his stats aren't great because of drops and a bad o-line, but what makes Locker good? He's mobile. Cool. His arm strength isn't a Mallett, and his accuracy is average, too. The 50% passing isn't going to do much..
As for Luck, it may seem he's extremely efficient, but come on. When he had Toby Gerhart, teams always stacked the line, which allowed Luck to get all of those deep bombs this season. Watch this season, without Toby, Luck is done for..
I'm not trying to bash these two. I just don't think they deserve #1 or #2 if you ask me
Old 06-06-2010, 11:19 AM   #70
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley7
OK, Jake Locker = Jevan Snead 2.0. I can't believe how much hype one player can receive on having such mediocre stats and playing on a 5-7 team. Yes, his stats aren't great because of drops and a bad o-line, but what makes Locker good? He's mobile. Cool. His arm strength isn't a Mallett, and his accuracy is average, too. The 50% passing isn't going to do much..
As for Luck, it may seem he's extremely efficient, but come on. When he had Toby Gerhart, teams always stacked the line, which allowed Luck to get all of those deep bombs this season. Watch this season, without Toby, Luck is done for..
I'm not trying to bash these two. I just don't think they deserve #1 or #2 if you ask me
Yet these are two of the "overrated" QBs that happened to beat your Trojans? Weird. Anyways, can we close this thread? We already have a ratings thread and this has turned into another Miami vs. FSU vs. Florida rant. The OP got his answer in the first couple pages.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #71
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRealist01
Tell me this post is a joke...

I don't really have to post much because most of everything I want to say has been sum'd up by jclen, but some rival fans, the OP for example,(and a couple of nole fans) really have no clue what's going on in regards to fsu football.

Also to the miami fan who raved about JH 'comeback' win. That win would have been Ponders had Fortson not dropped the ball in the endzone. WRs really hurt this team early on last year with a ton of key drops and fumbles and in turn people want to say Ponder didn't play all that well by just looking at stats alone.

On topic: I see ponder being in the low-mid 90s.

SN: Also, I see people having Brantley rated high 80s-low 90s. I don't watch a lot of gator games but what has me done to garner that? I don't recall him having any meaning playing time outside of garbage time. And please don't bring up the spring gm. Any QB can look good when they know they can't get blitzed or get hit

Dude I'm sorry but a low-mid 90's are u nuts? Any Qb rated a 95+ should be a Elite player in college. An you cry about all we look at is stats but the funny thing is that would be the first thing to come out of your mouth if they were good. Ponder has proven so far in his carrer he is above average nothing more.
Brantley hasn't proven nothing yet your right but he is on a pretty damn good team so he has the luxary of being rated about 89-90. An we look forward to beating you once again! That's it I'm done with this thread GO GATORS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #72
Rookie

DaRealist01's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATORFAN4EVA
Dude I'm sorry but a low-mid 90's are u nuts? Any Qb rated a 95+ should be a Elite player in college. An you cry about all we look at is stats but the funny thing is that would be the first thing to come out of your mouth if they were good. Ponder has proven so far in his carrer he is above average nothing more.
Brantley hasn't proven nothing yet your right but he is on a pretty damn good team so he has the luxary of being rated about 89-90. An we look forward to beating you once again! That's it I'm done with this thread GO GATORS!
You've never even seen Ponder play so your opinion of what you think he should be rated is really irrelevant. Also you dont know WHAT would come out of my mouth. If that was the case, Brantley is 10TD-1INT career wise. Just looking at stats, you would think he is a great QB but when you actually look at when he got those stats you'll see that he got majority in garbage time or against very weak competition. Just because Brantley is on a good team doesn't mean he should be rated high. That makes no sense. He's proven nothing yet you want to "give" him a rating, yet Ponder has proven much more and is a Heisman candidate and you want him to be rated similar to Brantley? Of the 3 Florida schools, Brantley should be rated 3rd behind Ponder and Harris(those 2 will probably be close in rating) If Ponder is 90, Brantley should be no better than 85.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »