Home

Christrian Ponder Rating What you think

This is a discussion on Christrian Ponder Rating What you think within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #81
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Christrian Ponder Rating What you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck21
Brantley is really good. Ponder is better. End of story.
How can you even compare the two, when Brantley has yet to really play? Of course Ponder is better right now. We have no idea how Brantley will play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #82
Rookie

Barkley7's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
Yet these are two of the "overrated" QBs that happened to beat your Trojans? Weird. Anyways, can we close this thread? We already have a ratings thread and this has turned into another Miami vs. FSU vs. Florida rant. The OP got his answer in the first couple pages.
Fail. These two qbs were only a little above average in victories, not superb.
Locker 21/35 237 0 TD 0 INT, -15 rushing yards, one touchdown.
Luck 12/22 144 Yards 2 TD 0 INT, 61 rushing yards, one touchdown.
These stats do seem rather efficient, but they're nothing elite if you ask me. Luck wasn't the reason USC lost to Stanford. That was Toby. Without him, Luck will struggle. And USC had Corp vs Washington..
Old 06-06-2010, 02:53 PM   #83
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley7
Fail. These two qbs were only a little above average in victories, not superb.
Locker 21/35 237 0 TD 0 INT, -15 rushing yards, one touchdown.
Luck 12/22 144 Yards 2 TD 0 INT, 61 rushing yards, one touchdown.
These stats do seem rather efficient, but they're nothing elite if you ask me. Luck wasn't the reason USC lost to Stanford. That was Toby. Without him, Luck will struggle. And USC had Corp vs Washington..
Fail. I never said they were elite. But that is 0 int between the 2 against the vaunted SC defense. And that's two losses that SC got embarrassed in. You can say that UDub got lucky because they won by a FG, but that's still a loss. That's still 55 points given up to the Cardinal. I don't care who scored 'em, Luck was the QB. I think it's funny how when someone's team loses, they come with every possible solution except for the obvious.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #84
Rookie

Barkley7's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
Fail. I never said they were elite. But that is 0 int between the 2 against the vaunted SC defense. And that's two losses that SC got embarrassed in. You can say that UDub got lucky because they won by a FG, but that's still a loss. That's still 55 points given up to the Cardinal. I don't care who scored 'em, Luck was the QB. I think it's funny how when someone's team loses, they come with every possible solution except for the obvious.
Fail. I never said USC was "vaunted" on defense. In fact, I'll be the first to say that USC's defense was terrible in '09. I'm not trying to make any excuses for the SC losses. Those two beat my team. I still believe they are receiving way too much hype. Like I said, reality will crash on Luck and Locker when they fall this season.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
No it was not a joke. I'm not saying Ponder is garbage, just overrated. I see you did not refute the fact that Ponder only throws short to immediate routes and consistently locks on to one receiver a play. I just don't see how he could be thought of as an elite QB.
I might agree he locked on to one wr in 2008, but in 2009 he did a much better job of going through his progressions. You can see his head checking down multiple times in this video. Also threw the ball more down field as well. Ponder last year took what the defense gave him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCuu6UyO3B0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #86
Rookie

ctindal21's Arena

OVR: 12

Jacory Harris > Christian Ponder > John Brantley

and overalls should go accordingly...
NBA- New York Knicks

Old 06-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #87
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

That 1st play was awesome. Clemson was super loud, It's sad we(family of players) had better seats @ Clemson than FSU's nosebleed. The stadium was was semi-quiet when we were up. The moment Ponder started getting picked and Spiller started running the place exploded. It was the best experience I've had at a game. I hope Ponder does well, I just think he is the victim of FSU not having a great QB since Weinke. He is def better than what we've had recently, but when I see other QBs play and compare each, Ponder just doesn't scream elite or Heisman. It is very cliche to say "I hope I'm wrong", but I do.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #88
Rookie

DaRealist01's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATORFAN4EVA
You just won't let this die will you Indian boy, As I said your guy above average at best 29-22 career Td-Int. An that means to you he needs 90+ rating lol. Wow if that is the case Tebow, Braford, ...ect should have got a 130+ rating. You just a biase little boy who thinks his Qb is something outta this world. Let the guy play a full dang season before you give him your 90+ rating! Oh an about Brantley I wad going by what rated last year so he will be that if not a little better.
1) I'm not Indian just like I'm sure you aren't a reptile. The name calling doesn't help with your argument. 2) You are continuing to base your argument on stats instead of looking at the big picture, and that is, you haven't seen him play enough to judge. Actually you haven't seen Brantley enough to judge either lol. You said you saw the clemson game and want to base your opinion on that? That's like me basing my opinion on tebow on the Miss St or Alabama game. No QB is going to be great every game.

But yes, football is around the corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
No it was not a joke. I'm not saying Ponder is garbage, just overrated. I see you did not refute the fact that Ponder only throws short to immediate routes and consistently locks on to one receiver a play. I just don't see how he could be thought of as an elite QB.
I didn't need to refute the facts. The only fact, as guitar pointed out, was that ponder took what the defense gave him. No point in throwing the ball deep if it isn't there. That doesn't mean he doesn't have a good arm. Just look at the video, more than a few good deep throws.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »