View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #383
randombrother
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Ask The Devs a Question Thread II

What I want to know is will you guys try to keep the rating differential in check. I feel that after you account for team rating, momentum and player ratings some players were just gameplay breaking out of control. It would affect teams too strongly that things were happening on the court that would never happen in a real game. Some players became enormously inept while other players seem to go through an entire team singlehandedly without any resistance even if you see it coming and KNOW it's coming. In real life if Lebron James decides to just run straight at the basket and the team knew it, I mean KNEW it for a fact he would never score.

Basically I'm asking if you guys will keep the ratings within a certain range behind the scenes and if you must cater to the "fun" crowd at least have a lobby where the ratings could be marginalized to keep the gameplay tight and realistic. Where you can go off with a great player but you have to work for it still. Run some plays, burn an opponent in one fashion and then switch it up with the hot player in another fashion to score. I'm not asking for the players not to be able to do anything but I'm asking don't have the game help the souped up rated player out when the other guy has him figured out.