View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
TNT713
Banned

OVR: 8
What are we reading?

I've posted on several threads that I read NFL books so I thought it would be a welcome change to start a thread about the books that we are reading that could be applicable to our Madden philosophies... I'll share the last 2 books I've read:

1) The Art of War - Sun Tzu

While this book isn't directly applicable to Madden, it does illustrate several concepts that apply to any strategic endeavor. It describes areas of the 'battlefield' that directly affect the types of strategy to expect and the dangers of over-expectation. I gained a broader sense of why I was making the decisions I was making...

2) Play Football the NFL Way - Tom Bass

This book is one of my favorite football books around. It describes the most basic fundamentals of the game from every position, including drills to perfect the reads and actions of real football players. I use this book to better understand how to better use the tools Madden has available to best duplicate the football I see on Sunday's. I try to read this book at least one a year to stay grounded.

As you can see, not every book is directly applicable, but that doesn't mean we can't apply some concept to how we play our game. What have you guys read recently that helps you develop your philosophy toward playing Madden? And how has that book helped?

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove