View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #23
db56
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The Tim Tebow Effect

Its going to be very interesting how J. McD uses Tebow, will he try to win the Gator way by running the spread option or with somekind of gimmicky offense like the wildcat? during interviews McD has said Tebow has a lot of work to do learning the offense and that is what I personally wanted to hear, Vick was by far the greatest athlete to ever play the qb position and won a lot of games running around, but only one playoff game. only time will tell.

personally, the Tebow effect is no different for me than it would be for any rookie qb in his first year. He has better ratings overall than Orton or Quinn so he should be the oppening day starter in the Madden world.

one of the biggest factors imo is deep throw accuracy, played in a Madden 10 online league, but could only get in if I would agree to use the Faiders! I thought to myself how bad could J. Marc be? he does have a rifle arm right?
every ball I tried to throw over 15 yards would sail 20 to 40 yards over the wr head into the stands, lol! didnt matter wether I was standing in the pocket or scrambling. Tebow comes in with a 79 deep ball, not great but fair and this number will make him the starter day one in my offense...