View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 02:02 AM   #48
Ifly8o8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Favorite Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
He is, he needs to get get a better quality opponent though. Top 10 next fight. I think Vlad should be a good fight for Bones and he can lose to him even if nobody thinks so. Even though this might be a step down for him, Phil Davis (who i think is another great prospect) would be a good test for him. See if he can stop the takedown, if he did against him he would tko him
I like how the ufc been dealing with him. The Bonnar fight pretty much put him on the scene IMO. They put him with a brawler with a granite chin and beat him convincingly. They put him against a wrestler in Hammill who he dominated till getting DQ'd. Then they put him against a big test in a hungry Vera which he dominated as well. This guys skill set is just rediculous. The big question to me is can he take a punch. Hes never really been tested and thats saying alot with the likes of who his first few fights were against. I think Vlad is a step back IMO, but I think the UFC wants him on the free show cause they know hes gonna come to fight and if he wins then Im positive a quality opponent will be next.