View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 06:25 PM   #30
Valdarez
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: What is Consecutive Tackling?

I've never heard of 'consecutive tackling'. Like others have said, it's more than likely the concept of having multiple players affect the ball carrier when attempting to tackle the ball carrier. It's been in every major game game since 2000 (NFL Fever, ESPN NFL 2K5, APF2K8, BackBreaker) except for Madden/NCAA. In Madden if another player has the carrier in the grasp, then your player will basically run by them, or if you dive, bounce off them like they hit a wall. In other words, they might as well not be there.

While BackBreaker probably has the most dynamic, and some of the most realistic plays, at times the players still have a rag doll appearance. With regards to the football games with canned animations and for my money, NFL Fever did it best. I'm saying that having just played NFL Fever '04 for the first time a couple of weeks back. They had amazing impacts, varied takedowns, and multiple bend points (like on the shoulder pads even) that none of the other games have provided. Net result was NFL Fever tackles looked more realistic, and the other games look more stiff.

Last edited by Valdarez; 07-16-2010 at 10:45 PM.