View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #22
mestevo
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: If you HAD to Pick

So you are doing all of those things, that's why you picked Backbreaker?

That's what I am asking, not a bunch of what if's about people who have been hacking at the game and what they could maybe accomplish with 32 other people for the next year.

Backbreaker has plenty of problems that can cheat you out of a win so you're better off not going there, like the many things that can happen when you recover a fumble in the end zone (safety, fumbling team gets a touchback and keeps the ball, or you get the ball on the 1). Many things are fundamentally broken about football in Backbreaker and that's why I am done with it until the patch finally hits, but this isn't really the thread for that.

There's a big difference between plugging away at your franchise a couple times a week and firing up APF2k8 every so often, making a team, and playing with it off and on for 6 months, that's what I was asking. There's a big difference IMO in replying to this thread with 'NFL2k5' or 'Backbreaker' when they're not the games you'd pick to play the next year, they're simply the last football game you liked, even if you never even play that anymore.

It's just an extension of the OP, if you only had to play 1 game for the next year, what would you be doing with it? For many they are already doing this... there's a 2-3 month period where im messing with both Madden and NCAA (and BB will get some play when the patch releases) but then whichever I have the most fun with I stick with that dynasty until it's time to repeat the process with the new games.

Last edited by mestevo; 07-29-2010 at 07:53 PM.