View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 11:09 AM   #18
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Arizona State 45 - Oregon 7

Tempe, AZ

Arizona State came into yesterday's game with a bad taste in their mouth. After a 28-19 point loss in which they had several chances to upset the #9 team in the nation they Sun Devils looked to start Pac-10 play with a bang and that's just what they did.

The game started out with both teams trading punts for the majority of the 1st half until Oregon HB LaMichael James scampered 4yds to break the stalemate at the end of the 1st quarter. In typical Arizona State fashion Steven Threet and the offense responded with a 1yd run TD rush by HB Cameron Marshall to tie the game at 7-7. 2 plays later SO LB Vontaze Burfict made the play of the game. The impact LB read the option, jumped the pitch and returned it 18 yds for the TD (I had him on player lock. It was probably the best play I've ever made in my NCAA history).

EA Sports: NCAA Football 11 Video

The Sun Devil defense would continue to be stout, this time with DT Lawrence Guy returning another fumble caused by Burfict 91yds to put them up 21-7. On the opening play of the 2nd half Steven Threet put the game out of reach for the Ducks hitting WR Aaron Pifugart on a streak for a 74yd TD. Arizona State would 2 more TDs, another defensive score by the SR FS to improve to 4-1 and 1-0 in the Pac-10.

Next up is a trip to Oregon State to face the Rodger brothers.

Edit: Jacquiz Rodgers is out 7 weeks with a broken foot. Damn you EA!!!