Old 08-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #54
NINJAK2
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 5 Straight opponents who played with Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Some of the ideas here I like...But they are a little too much. As a former QB myself. I can tell they have been times when I take a snap. And run backwards 10-15 yards (My linemen sucked)...Just so I could complete deep passes a little better. But I had to have my feet set. I can understand why they leave the window open. Because some QB's do throw across their bodies for completions. I've seen it done in a few games....in real life.

Something just has to happen...I like where they are going right now (I notice a few new QB animations especially in Madden's demo) . But something needs a little change.
I know in NFL 2k5, whenever the qb had to throw a really deep ball the qb would do this long drawn out animation to represent that the qb had to put alot of effort into the throw for maximum distance. I don't see these kind of animations on 15-20 yard+ qb drops in NCAA. QB's still throw as if they are 3 yards off the line of scrimmage. This makes it nearly impossible to get a hand on the qb during those occasions.

While QB's do complete across the body passes in real life, it is still way too consistent/accurate in NCAA-This is usually considered fundamentally bad in real life. Just need to tone down the accuracy of them.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.