View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 01:52 AM   #106
Timpegoose
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Very strange exploit with pump fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Hmmmm, I thought that PA thing was only "ratings" based. The QB's PA rating compared to the defenders play recognition.

If the ratings we see for our players are correct, how can this be happening ?

This is looking at it from a rookie programmer POV but:

The pump fake is an event. I would imagine that event calls a function that checks the ratings and triggers animations accordingly. So in this case its telling the cpu to make the WHOLE secondary bite. How can this be if its determining who bites based on ratings.......unless ratings dont really matter ?

I cant imagine this function looks for ratings every time the pump fake event triggers. (Those values should have been loaded when you picked your team...so they should be in memory.) I also cant imagine the direction you pump fake can change those numbers and why should it ? If it does, the ratings you see for your players dont really matter. If the event does not change ratings, then why are players biting on the down pump fake ? Is the down pump fake calling the "go to the locker room" function ?
Also coming from a rookie programmer POV:
Its possible that each defender on the field has a "position", probably an x, y coordinate based on where they are on the field. When a pump fake happens it will check to see if each defender is to the right, left, or in front of the quarterback and they will react accordingly. Maybe a backwards pump fake causes all defenders to react for whatever reason, I would assume by mistake. I'm not sure what would cause them all to rush the qb, but that would be my best guess as to why they all react to it.