Home

Very strange exploit with pump fake

This is a discussion on Very strange exploit with pump fake within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 01:50 AM   #105
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Very strange exploit with pump fake

Huh. Backbreaker releases a patch and it takes a good, but flawed game and makes it awesome. EA releases a patch to fix a few irritants in NCAA, and they completely bork the game.

Remind me why I buy EA games again? I will say I'm glad I bought Backbreaker so I have something to play while EA patches the patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 01:52 AM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Hmmmm, I thought that PA thing was only "ratings" based. The QB's PA rating compared to the defenders play recognition.

If the ratings we see for our players are correct, how can this be happening ?

This is looking at it from a rookie programmer POV but:

The pump fake is an event. I would imagine that event calls a function that checks the ratings and triggers animations accordingly. So in this case its telling the cpu to make the WHOLE secondary bite. How can this be if its determining who bites based on ratings.......unless ratings dont really matter ?

I cant imagine this function looks for ratings every time the pump fake event triggers. (Those values should have been loaded when you picked your team...so they should be in memory.) I also cant imagine the direction you pump fake can change those numbers and why should it ? If it does, the ratings you see for your players dont really matter. If the event does not change ratings, then why are players biting on the down pump fake ? Is the down pump fake calling the "go to the locker room" function ?
Also coming from a rookie programmer POV:
Its possible that each defender on the field has a "position", probably an x, y coordinate based on where they are on the field. When a pump fake happens it will check to see if each defender is to the right, left, or in front of the quarterback and they will react accordingly. Maybe a backwards pump fake causes all defenders to react for whatever reason, I would assume by mistake. I'm not sure what would cause them all to rush the qb, but that would be my best guess as to why they all react to it.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:20 AM   #107
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpegoose
Also coming from a rookie programmer POV:
Its possible that each defender on the field has a "position", probably an x, y coordinate based on where they are on the field. When a pump fake happens it will check to see if each defender is to the right, left, or in front of the quarterback and they will react accordingly. Maybe a backwards pump fake causes all defenders to react for whatever reason, I would assume by mistake. I'm not sure what would cause them all to rush the qb, but that would be my best guess as to why they all react to it.
By the blogs logic, a pump fake in any direction should never effect all players because its ratings that determine if they bite. If that is true, why would the "skilled" players bite ?

The only things I could think of that would require any type of ratings change during the game is fatigue and injury. If pump fakes are causing ratings changes, what kind of ratings change causes what we see in those vids ? It looks like they completely change assignments in unison. None of them are concerned about the men they were checking or anything they were doing prior to the pump fake.

Its almost like run commit function went into effect not a pump fake reaction. After a pump fake they normally return to what they were doing prior to the pump fake.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:28 AM   #108
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Maybe the pump fake reverses the field causing the defenders to believe they need to be on the side of the field the pump fake is to.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-13-2010, 03:31 AM   #109
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Wait, you took this online and beat another user 104-7 to test the glitch and you expected him to quit or accept mercy, both of which blemishes his or her record, because you found a glitch and purposely exploited the glitch to get a win.

Then you post like you are actually trying to be helpful... I am speechless!

You sir, are part of the problem
I disagree. I think the more people use it, the bigger uproar it causes and it puts more heat on EA to fix it quickly. The worst thing that can happen from me using it is giving someone an extra loss on their record or a higher DNF. Ranked matches online were a joke before this problem anyway so none of that actually matters.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:32 AM   #110
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrified
Huh. Backbreaker releases a patch and it takes a good, but flawed game and makes it awesome. EA releases a patch to fix a few irritants in NCAA, and they completely bork the game.

Remind me why I buy EA games again? I will say I'm glad I bought Backbreaker so I have something to play while EA patches the patch.
It sounds like GameFly would be a good option for you or just simply renting the games before buying them. There is an absolute plethora of information on games after they are released. I bought NCAA this year on release day because I've never been disappointed with it. Madden, I have been disappointed with in the past, so I haven't bought it yet. I'm going to let some time pass and see if it stands the test of time. Then I'll rent it. If I like it, I'll buy it.

In this day and age... I just can't feel sorry for people who buy games and then slam the company when they aren't satisfied. I am not an EA fan boy by any means, either. But with the price of games, I'd think more people would give games some test drives through reading online reviews and message boards and letting some time pass.

About the glitch... It's there. Yeah, it sucks and hopefully EA can fix it. But I don't play online with people that I don't know. I won't expose the glitch and I can just pretend that it's not there. But I understand the frustration with this issue, but I still don't see it as a game killer.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:58 AM   #111
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Maybe the pump fake reverses the field causing the defenders to believe they need to be on the side of the field the pump fake is to.
This is what I'm thinking
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 07:25 AM   #112
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
I disagree. I think the more people use it, the bigger uproar it causes and it puts more heat on EA to fix it quickly. The worst thing that can happen from me using it is giving someone an extra loss on their record or a higher DNF. Ranked matches online were a joke before this problem anyway so none of that actually matters.

This is why OS is losing its Sim Community appeal IMO. Guy really just stated everyone should use this glitch to make a point and people agree?... You gotta be kiddin' me
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »