View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #29
mgoblue678
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Exciting news: The running game is no longer an issue in Greathouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
official BB forum is not dead, that is for sure.. this is a Madden dominated forum, so no surprise to see BB not get much attention here.

as far as fixing the running game.. i think its pretty much known now that you can globally lower the agility and speed of the D-Line to help improve the running game, but the consequence will be that it will be near impossible to get sacks from the front 4 D-Lineman.. so unless you blitz with a LB or corner, you aint getting any sacks

bottom line.. we need another patch
Somewhat related this, I was looking on the Backbreaker forum yesterday to see if there was any talk of another patch since we haven't really heard anything, when I saw somebody mention a roster from bbhighlitesgs.com that was suppose to improve the running game.

From the couple of games I played yesterday after downloading their latest roster the run game was indeed much better on both sides. I had two straight 100 yard games with Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson on Hard. I didn't have a single 100 game after the patch before trying that roster. The CPU had good success running as well.

But, the issue that become apparent in those games was in order to get the running game in that state the pass rush was made absolutely non existent. 4 and 5 man rushes couldn't get anywhere near me or the CPU QB and blitzes weren't much better in terms of getting to the QB.

So while that file did indeed make the running game game feel similar to prepatch running, I wouldn't use it since it killed the pass rush in the process.

So I guess my question to mrJordan is have you been able to improve the running game without killing the pass rush? I have a hard time believing it is even possible.

Before yesterday I had basically stopped playing the game all together since the patch came out, it would be great to have a solution either through another patch(which I doubt will happen at this point) or through roster editing like the op is trying to do that motivates me to actually play the game again.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 09-01-2010 at 09:33 AM.