View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 01:21 AM   #7
Oraeon1224
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Other slider makers: Suggestions on getting more short passes

I am almost done testing my newest slider set after patch 3. I will post an update in the statistics in sliders thread. So far it is working very well but I am getting worked over by the CPU with my mid level team (as I should be). I am still not entirely happy with yards per catch but have it down to around 12 yards per catch with QB % of 60's.

The biggest breakthrough I had was while watching college football this week. I counted the pass rush for mid level teams (around 6 seconds) and the reasons for big plays. In every game I watched the big plays weren't recievers beating the defense (which many seem to feel is missing in the game), rather the big plays were from missed tackles. I counted the number of missed tackles and particularly in the mid level and lower teams it was shocking. I suddenly realized that when I play NCAA I get upset with missed tackles but there are really far too few of them at default. By decreasing the tackle slider to 45 and increasing the running back slider to 55 it is more frustrating but it looks a lot more like the real game including big running and pass plays. A missed tackle on an outside run or middle depth pass leads to the wide open touchdown and looks much more like a Saturday game.

One other warning, since patch number three holding is happening much more often. My test games were averaging >100 yards of penalties most of it holding. I wouldn't recommend having this above 50 now.

Now if we could only petition EA to fix the pancake block (or lack there of) issue.