Old 09-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #46
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Is NCAA 11 the 2k5 killer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
I loved 2K5 at the time, and it still does have things in it that aren't in football games today. But Madden and NCAA are both better games by now imo. 2K5 had its issues. People complain about the db play in this years Madden, its still light years ahead of 2K5. Madden and NCAA have improved their running games a lot, and the tackling system, 2K5 doesn't have the huge advantage there anymore. Non gameplay, 2K5's presentation is still unmatched, but they also had a pretty terrible franchise mode.

Loved 2K5, and for its time I think its the best ever. But I wouldn't want to play it again now.
IMO the tackling system has gotten worse. Gimme the the tackling system in Madden 2005 anyday over the garbage we have now. Pro Tak was OK as a 1st time feature last year but there was improvement to it IMO.

I do agree with Trob, presentation gets old to me fast and it's hard to create something that doesn't feel stale or repetitive. I'd like less "shininess" and more immersion when it comes to presentation. Gimme more stat overlays, conference standings, starting lineups, anything that gets me involved in either the game or the dynasty, preferably both.

Is there dynamic commentary in NCAA '11? I turn down the sound so all I hear is stadium sounds and sound effects.