Old 10-06-2010, 04:13 AM   #19
Deuce2223
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

(1-0) @ #6 (1-0)

GAME PREVIEW

After last week's upset win over #3 Texas, the North Texas Mean Green Machine rolled into Forth Worth with some swagger. Some believe that UNT will be able to use the loss of their beloved Coach to help them defeat 2 Top-25 opponents in back to back weeks. Well others believe that going up against the #6 Horn Frogs will give UNT the reality check they might need.

Keys to the victory on Offense- Cut down on turnovers, catch balls especially on 3rd down, establish a running game.

Keys to victory on Defense-Keep Dalton and Co, out of the endzone, create turnovers, stop the running game.

GAME RECAP

Like the Texas game, North Texas would struggle to get into a offensive rythem early and Riley Dodge would throw 2 Int's. Penalties however would kill TCU's chance to score as well as 2 different touchdown runs were called back due to clipping. The Mean Green's "D" would step up and force a fumble as well as the 1st Quarter ended with a 0-0 tie.

North Texas would actually get on the scoreboard first in this game as T. Deans connects on a 49 yd FG to make it (3-0), but TCU would drive down the field and A. Dalton would scramble in from 3 yds out to make it (7-3) with 6 minutes to play in the half. North Texas would try and establish the run game but after getting the ball past the 50 their drive would stall and T. Dean again would come out onto the field connecting on a 45 yd FG to make it (7-6) Again A. Dalton would why he is considered among the nation's best as he takes the Horn Frogs down the field capping off the drive with a 6yd TD pass to J. Young (14-6) with 2 minutes to play. Dodge would connect on 3/4 pass's but a key drop on 3rd and 8 would force T. Deans to come out and attempt yet another 49 yd FG. This time the kick would fall short and TCU would get the ball back with a minute to play. Not wanting to waste a scoring opportunity, QB A. Dalton would drive his team down the field and get them into Field Goal posistion with 3 seconds to play. The 36 yd FG was good as TCU takes the (17-6) lead into the half.

North Texas would get the ball to start the half, and Riley Dodge would take his team down the field to the 20 yd line before throwing his 3rd INT of the day as Tejay Johnson picks it off and runs 84 yds for the TD to make it (24-6) Finally with 4 minutes to play in the 3rd, North Texas would get their 1st TD as FB M. Mosley rumbles in from 3 yds out (24-13) After a huge defensive stop, NT would go to the ground again this time getting RB L. Dunbar his 1st TD of the season as he runs it in from 6 yds out to cut the lead to 4 (24-20) at the end of the Quarter.

Energized with the thought of another upset, the Mean Green "D" would again force a punt situation, but Riley Dodge would end their hopes of taking the lead throwing his 4th INT. The Horn Frogs would go the ground looking to run off some clock and E. Wesley would deliever with a 2 yd TD run to make it (31-20) Coach Dodge would remove his nephew at QB and replace him with SR N. Tune. Tune would start out well running 21 yds for a 1st down, then completing his first pass for 8 yds before throwing 6 incomplete including his own INT (the 5th of the game for NT). However the "D" would not give up and CB R. Hill would recover a E. Wesley fumble to give the ball back to the offense. With Tune struggling, Coach Dodge would reinsert Riley Dodge. On the 1st play he was sacked for a 5 yr loss. Then on 2nd and 15 he would find WR M. Outlaw wide open on the sideline, but the reciever would drop the pass, getting a automatic benching by Coach Dodge. After completing the 1st down on a pass to J. Jackson. Dodge would hit backup WR W. Taylor on a 11 yd slant to make it (31-26). NT would go for 2pt but Jackson would drop the pass.

North Texas would line up hoping for the onside kick recovery like in the Texas game, but instead the return team would hold on, and with only a 1:31 to play the feeling was this game was over. TCU however wasn't ready to just kneel the ball down, as A. Dalton hits WR J. Kealy on a 53 yd TD pass on a broken coverage play putting the Frogs up (38-26) with 30 seconds to play.
FINAL SCORE NORTH TEXAS-26 TCU-38

KEY PLAYERS

QB R. Dodge 17/40 324 yds 1 TD 4 INT's
QB N. Tune 1/8 21 yds 1 INT
RB L. Dunbar 15-49 yds 1 TD
WR A. Lott-2 carries for 28 yds
WR J. Jackson 8 catches 164 yds
TE A. Fitzgerald 4 catches 81 yds
WR W. Taylor 1 catch 11 yds 1 TD
ROLB C. Robertson 10 tackles (4 solo)
FS D. Cook 7 tackles (6 solo)
MLB AJ Penson 9 tackles (7 solo, 3 TFL)

QB A. Dalton 20/30 316 yds 2 TD's and 1 rushing TD
RB E. Wesley-22 carries 98 yds 1 TD, 4 catches 40 yds
WR J. Kerley 4 catches 117 yds 1 TD
FS Tejay Johnson 10 tackles (8 solo) 2 INT's 1 returned 84 yds TD

POST GAME INTERVIEW

Coach Dodge "Yeah it's disappointing, I feel bad for the Defense. They played their hearts out and the Offense let them down. Do we have a Quarterback controversy? No we don't Riley is our guy, I know some people might think we should remove the redshirt from Derik Thompson, but I am not ready to give up on Riley yet and I think with the proper practice, that N. Tune can be a decent backup. He wasn't prepared to play tonight and it showed. TCU has a amazing defense and A. Dalton and E. Wesley are 2 very good players."

QB Riley Dodge "Did I try to hard? What do you think!!! I take full blame for my mistakes but the thing that upset's me is we still had a chance to win that game. If it wasn't for some key drop pass's and the inability to run the ball late in the game, I think we could've done it"