View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #25
Sh3Ikfly
Rookie

Sh3Ikfly's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: SteelerSpartan's Custom Heisman Sliders(Version 3.0)

Hey Steeler, been liking your previous sliders so will be interested to give these a whirl. I like your slider setup as they are very similar to the ones I created myself. People turn their eyebrows up when I show them sliders with 0..."No pass blocking???? No FG Power???" To me your sliders have been working. Offline that is, I have not tried using your sliders in an Online Dynasty.

This brings me to a question/inquiry I have about the sliders in general. I've taken my own custom set of sliders, tested, tested and retested with Play Now and my offline Dynasty getting results that felt right for me and my play style. I ran into an issue though when I started an Online Dynasty using the same Sliders and settings. Every game a user played against the CPU was a complete disaster. The first 2 games of the season I had to end up simming because I was losing so bad in the first half. I'm talking the CPU putting up 41 to 48 points in the first half to my 0.

If these were games I expected to lose that bad, like New Mexico State (User) vs Boise State (CPU), it wouldn't be a problem. The fact is though, I can play an offline game using the same opponents and get the results I'm looking for time and time again.

This wasn't happening just to me either. The other two members of my Online Dynasty were losing games 65 - 14, 73 - 21, etc. The only thing I could possibly think of was that the Online Dynasty sliders function differently than the Offline Dynasty sliders. Have you noticed a difference between the Offline Slider sets and the Online Dynasty Slider sets?

It just doesn't make sense that I can play multiple offline games using specific CPU vs USER teams and get expected results, then take those same settings and opponents to an Online Dynasty and see the CPU absolutely dominate and crush the USER.

Maybe if you haven't seen this, possibly someone else in the forum has. Obviously if you do not commish an Online Dynasty you wouldn't see a change.

I can't be crazy!

Thanks for all your work towards the sliders and sharing your findings. I'll implement your newest sliders and give them a whirl.
Advertisements - Register to remove