View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #128
Deuce2223
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

THE COUGARS COACHES CORNER

(This is going to be a new interview segment with Coach Dodge, to give a more indepth look at the team and game's in which I don't give large writeups about)

Host (Butch the mascot)

Butch-Coach you guys went 3-1 with Jeff Tuell back at QB. You need only 1 more win to go to a Bowl game, do you think we can do it?

Coach Dodge-I think so. The games will be tough. Utah has played great so far this year and are #24 in the Coaches Poll, they would be ranked higher but are coming off a disappointing 31-30 loss to USC. Their QB J. Wynn has played amazing (2973 yds 29 TD/5 INT)

Washington has struggled this year and won't be going to a bowl game, so you know beating us and taking the Apple Cup is all they have left to play for?

Host Butch- Coach take us back to the USC game. You guys were down by only 5 points in the 4th Quarter and had a chance to win the game but Conner Halliday threw 2 INT's. Did you ever think about putting SR M. Lobbistael (Lobby), he is one of my fav players.

Coach Dodge- I know the fans and you both love Lobby, but I Conner was the reason why we were even in the game to begin with and I didn't think it was fair to pull him with a chance to win the game. Now I look back at it and wonder if I made the right call.

Host Butch-Coach right now J. Kartsetter has 66 catches for 1193 yds and 10 TD's well I. Barton has 59 catches for 1146 yds and 9 TD's. Who is the better player?

Coach Dodge- They are both amazing recievers.. We had a great WR last year at North Texas Jamal Jackson, but both these guy's makes plays I couldn't that not to many others could make. Obviously Kartsetter will be playing on Sunday's next year I just hope Barton will stick around 1 more year. If not I will be very sad.

Host Butch- You benched SR L. Mitz at RB and put in RS SO C. Winston, the running game still seems to be struggling. Can you blame either player or is the O-line to blame.

Coach Dodge-When you only rush for 719 yds in 10 games, I think everyone should take part of the blame. I take part of it because of the playing calling, but then again when you are only avg 2.2 yds a carry it's pretty hard to put your team into 3rd and long every time down the field.

Host Butch-Well Coach looks like I need to go take my cat nap and scout the campus for some lunch. It was great taking to you. I look forward to game on Sat.

Coach Dodge-Thanks Butch.