View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Penalties Experiment

Mostly everybody has found a slider set that has given them gameplay they enjoy. But no one has really found a good ground for penalties. most people have everything set to 100 and a few things at 55 because they don't see enough penalties. But even at 100, only three penalties are called usually. Those are holding, clipping, and facemask. The occasional roughing the passer shows up, buts thats it. I have seen 3 pass interferences I believe since the game has come out.

To increase the chances of these penalties I have set them to 100 just like everyone else, but that has done nothing. So I thought that we, OS members, should come together and try and do an experiment on penalties.

We should all play with the same sliders, or default setting, the same teams at the same venue, with differing penalty settings.

So, for example, everyone plays as Tulsa @ Mid Tenn State on default All American 5 minute quarters in the Kibbie Dome. But player A has all penalties set to 55, player B has everything at 60 except the main three, play C has everything at 65, and so on. We could play the game two or three times and see who has the biggest variety in penalties on average. This would help us finally get a universal slider setting that gets a better number of penalties going.

So, is anyone interested? I will create a list so we can keep this organized.

Penalties at 55
Penalties at 60
Penalties at 65
Penalties at 70
Penalties at 75 (Canes 21)
Penalties at 80
Penalties at 85
Penalties at 90
Penalties at 95
Penalties at 100

* Keep holding, clipping, and facemask at 55 at all times. When we finish this, we could even try this with penalties at 45, 40, 35, etc.

Just comment if you would like to try this and at what penalties settings.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove