View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #69
Nunyerbiz
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: No Brady Bunch: An alternate reality Patriot franchise (Madden 11)

Nunyer's Notes

Another game I probably should have lost. I've never been very good at kickoff/punt returns, but actually had some lanes open up this game... but beyond that, they were killin me. Until... they stunk the joint up most of the second half. Oh well.

It was cool to eyeball down Welker and watch him shed press coverage and gain a step... sometimes the animations come together well and just surprise you with how cool things can look when it all works.

Created / Make-a-Wish Players

I really don't know how I didn't notice this before, the amount of times I've looked at all these rosters... but... some of my created players unknowingly snuck into this franchise.

In my offline Lions franchise, I always do CAPs for any team that doesn't have a 3rd QB on the roster, just to create a low end prospect and see if the CPU develops them... And I always leave the Make-a-wish kids in, poor bastards could be dead by now, would feel guilty for making them 12 OVR punters...

Anyways, so this franchise is based on the roster with a half dozen or so CAPs. For the QBs, I created the kids of old 80s quaterbacks... with OVRs in the low 60s... but they have A potential and sat on the bench for a year, so some of them are now 2nd stringers. They weren't supposed to be in this chise, but too late now.

Frank Reich Jr - 66 OVR - 3rd string KC (yea, should be on Bills, don't know how he ended up with KC)
Jack Trudeau Jr - 65 OVR - 2nd string IND (I CAP Trudeau all the time. My tribute to the worst QB you could be stuck with on the original Tecmo Bowl)
Lynn Dickey Jr - 66 OVR - 2nd string GB (just a forgettable pre-Favre Green Bay QB from the 80s.)
Bernie Kosar Jr - 65 OVR - 3rd string BAL (should be Browns, but they didn't need a 3rd QB)
Bobby Hebert Jr - 66 OVR - 2ng string NO (Hebert is another favorite CAP, former Michigan Panthers QB and USFL Champion, recognize!)
Rick Mirer Jr - 65 OVR - 3rd string SEA (i hate the irish)

Robert You -70 OVR - 3rd string CHI
HB Daniel Frisch - 73 OVR - 3rd string OAK

I think I must have dumbed down the make a wish kids, I think both should have higher OVRs.

Anyways, just wanted to give you a head's up in case you see these names as the chise rolls on... Lots of big injuries in week 5 heading into the trade deadline, next update will probably deal with that. I have some pretend GMing to do!