Home

No Brady Bunch: An alternate reality Patriot franchise (Madden 11)

This is a discussion on No Brady Bunch: An alternate reality Patriot franchise (Madden 11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #65
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: No Brady Bunch: An alternate reality Patriot franchise (Madden 11)

Welcome back, you have tuned into The Terry Valenti Show on...

I am your host, Terry Valenti. Seeing it's called The Terry Valenti Show, telling you my name was probably redundant... but anyways... We're going to talk NFL for this next segment. Week Four has just wrapped up, so let's see how things are shaping up around the league...

As is always the case when we talk football... I'd like to welcome my guest host, former New England Patriot legend and starting quarterback of Super Bowl XX... Mr. Tony Eason...

Thanks for having me Terry, always a pleasure.

Also, I can't forget my trusty sidekick... Bonkers: The Boston Sports Clown... say hello to the people Bonkers...

*honk* *honk*

Alrighty, let's get right into the action by looking at our hometown Pats and the AFC East...

AFC EASTWLTPFPAHOMEROADDIV
New England Patriots310110990-10-12-0
Miami Dolphins21050580-12-01-0
Buffalo Bills21054481-01-10-1
New York Jets1301051040-21-10-2

*honk* *whoopie cushion* *honk*
What do you mean, "This is radio and they can't see the graphics..."? It's, uhhh, high definition radio, Bonkers... They can see the graphics.
    *slide whistle*
I really don't care that you aren't buying that... Don't you have to go stroke Bill Simmons via a gushing fanboy email? Just let the grown-ups talk football. Anyways... Tony, what do you make of the AFC East so far?
  Well, I'd say don't be fooled by the slow start for the Jets. They've lost two games in OT against solid San Diego and Patriots squads. They miss Cromartie who bolted in free agency, and having Kris Jenkins and Darren Sharper out doesn't help either, but I think their defense is better than it's played so far. I expect them to be in the hunt.
Yea, boo-hoo for the Jets and their injuries... I'm sure their fans are having no problem finding enough booze in which to drown their sorrows. So how about this new look Patriots offense? I think we might have something with this rookie backfield.
  They've had two solid rushing games in a row, which is promising, but I'm still worried about consistency with the run blocking across the offensive line. The defense is going to have trouble against good offenses, anybody that wants to commit to the run should have success against them. I think QB Jeff Warren has done just enough to show he belongs. While the decision making has been questionable at times, he seems to come through late in games.
    *clap* *sneeze* *honk*
That's just rude Bonkers, I don't think Jeff Warren looks like the love child of Fred Flintstone and Rosie O'Donnell. Before we move on to the next division, any further thoughts on the AFC East?
  The Dolphins and Bills are surviving on solid defensive play right now, I don't know if either team has the offensive firepower to stay in the hunt. The Dolphins clearly miss Ricky Williams as a compliment to Ronnie Brown, who is off to a slow start. I don't believe that Michael Vick is a long-term solution at QB for Buffalo. I still believe the East comes down to either New England or New York.

AFC NORTHWLTPFPAHOMEROADDIV
Cleveland Browns31075453-00-11-0
Pittsburg Steelers22077840-12-11-0
Cincinnati Bengals22075791-21-01-1
Baltimore Ravens040451000-10-30-2

*burp* *chirp chirp* *honk*
Yep Bonkers, The Ravens do appear to be a massive pile of suckass. What is the deal with them? They signed Randy Moss, that was supposed to put them over the top..
  Their rushing attack has been awful, Ray Rice and Willis McGahee are not even averaging 3 yards a carry, the O-line isn't blocking, Flacco has been banged up, that secondary has holes. Everything is falling apart in Baltimore.
We all know it's scientific fact that God hates Cleveland, so what is up with the Browns?
  Colt McCoy isn't making killer mistakes, Ricky Williams appears to have some Feature Back ganja left in his bong and that defense has been playing lights out. I doubt it will last, being Cleveland, but it's a nice story so far...
    *fart* *fart* *flush* *scream*
I wish you would stop telling that story, nobody believes you were in the stall next to Roethlisberger at that Georgia night club...
  The Steelers and Bengals have both been up and down. It looks like Clinton Portis is the main back in Pittsburg now, Mendenhall is playing awful, and the Steeler defense has looked suspect at times. It's about time to put a fork in Carson Palmer, but from what we've seen, it doesn't appear as if Dan LeFevour is NFL ready yet. I still like the Steelers in this division, but maybe it's finally Cleveland's year.

AFC SOUTHWLTPFPAHOMEROADDIV
Tenneseee Titans31085773-00-11-0
Baltimore Colts310111892-01-12-1
Houston Texans31089732-01-11-1
Jacksonville Jaguars03055880-20-10-2

*giggle* *burp* *facepalm*
Yea, I didn't think they still had a professional team in Jacksonville anymore either, but I kid the 450 faithful Jags fans. Reggie Bush is hurt again, this time for a few weeks, but he hasn't been much of an impact.
  I can't believe you just wasted 45 seconds of airtime talking about the Jags... Anyways, this division looks like it's going to be crazy. The Colts can't play defense or rush the ball, but they still have Peyton Manning. The Titans could be finally seeing a breakthrough passing season from Vince Young and the Texans just find a way to win ugly. Matt Schaub has missed parts of two games and might miss the next start, but the running game and defense have carried them.
The Titans are missing two wide recievers, including Kenny Britt for the next six weeks, do you think Young can keep it up?
  Well, in this division, you aren't going to find me picking against the Colts. Payton Manning is one of the few NFL players that can almost single handedly win a game.

AFC WESTWLTPFPAHOMEROADDIV
San Diego Chargers3101211101-02-10-1
Kansas City Chiefs21055511-11-02-0
Oakland Raiders22087711-21-01-0
Denver Broncos03047680-20-10-2

*snicker* *fart* *snicker*
I agree Bonkers, Kyle Orton is making Tony Eason's bed-wetting in Super Bowl XX look like high art.
  HEY! SCREW YOU! But you are correct, Orton is awful. Various morons around the country want to see Tim Tebow get the starting job, but I think we'll see Brady Quinn by week six if things don't improve. Leon Washington has played well for them, but losing Knowshawn Moreno has been tough for Denver.
Oakland has been ravaged with injuries, but Alex Smith has come right in and performed. He is 2-1 as a starter with only one interception. I can't see them benching him when the rookie Chris Wessling is healthy again.
  Yes, that has to be Smith's job to lose. In Kansas City, rumor has it that Thomas Jones isn't happy with his role in the offense, but most teams aren't happy trading for over-the-hill running backs. I'd be surprised if there is any movement there. The Chargers have won a couple of games in pure shoot out mode, and Phillip Rivers is an early MVP favorite. Not sure I like them in the playoffs against a decent defense, but they have to be considered the frontrunner for this division.
Alrighty, that wraps up the AFC.. We are going to take a quick commericial break and we'll be right back with the NFC rundown...

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 10-29-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #66
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Hi, I'm Realtor Henry Maxwell Gibbons of Henry Maxwell Gibbons Real Estate and Used Car Emporium.

Did you buy some huge house at the height of the housing bubble?

Do you now owe far more on your house than it is worth?

Are you struggling to make payments against that adjustable rate morgage?

Well, you are probably ****ed.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #67
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

and we're back... let's hop right into the NFC....

NFC EASTWLTPFPAHOMEROADDIV
Philadelphia Eagles21085712-00-11-0
Washington Redskins22069732-10-11-0
New York Giants13055691-10-21-3
Dallas Cowboys13049660-20-11-2

*amen*
Yes, there does appear to be a God. The Giants and Cowboys are both struggling.
    *whistle* *clap* *smack*
Good point. Maybe we have died and gone to Heaven? The Giants, Cowboys and Jets all sucking in the same season?
  I wouldn't count out the Giants, they had a tough early schedule, especially with road games within the division. The Cowboys on the other hand, they just can't score the ball, and that is unacceptable with the offensive payroll they have over there. Looks like canning Wade Phillips wasn't the answer.
How about those Redskins? They jettisoned a ton of veterans on offense, but are somehow winning games. Is Josh Johnson a legit NFL signal caller?
  He is still cover-your-eyes awful throwing the ball, but they keep winning ugly. I think the Eagles are the cream of this division. Kevin Kolb has developed, they have a solid ground game, the defense is stingy. In a still weak NFC, they are legit contenders.
    *moan* *hiccup* *wimper* *honk*
Well Bonkers, I don't know what he was thinking either... But yes, I believe Jerry Jones intentionally made his face look like that via plastic surgery...

NFC NORTHWLTPFPAHOMEROADDIV
Green Bay Packers400117723-01-03-0
Chicago Bears22083971-01-22-1
Detroit Lions130931060-11-21-2
Minnesota Vikings040831110-20-20-3

*toot* *toot* *hum*
I am also shocked that neither Jason Campbell or Tavaris Jackson appear to be the answer in Minnesota. At this point, I think they might as well blow up that awful Metrodome and move to Los Angeles. At least there, they can be mocked by fans in warm weather surrounded by gorgeous women.
  The Packers lost both starting tight ends, including a great reciever in Jermichael Finley, but Aaron Rogers just keeps getting it done.
Can the Bears make any noise without a decent running game? Are these just the same old Detroit Lions?
  I know the Bears made the Super Bowl last year, but they will undoubtedly fall short if the weight of the team is placed on Jay Cutler's shoulders. He just isn't that good with his decision making. The Lions have shown they can put up points, Matt Stafford has arrived, but that defense is thin and relying on young guys to step up. The Packers are the only team in this division that is capable of making noise in the playoffs.

NFC SOUTHWLTPFPAHOMEROADDIV
New Orleans Saints31097661-02-12-0
Tampa Bay Buccaneers21074611-01-11-0
Atlanta Falcons12054780-11-10-2
Carolina Panthers13076900-21-11-2

The Tampa Bay Bucs appear to be the up-and-comers in this division. I know the Saints are 3-1, but they've had their problems.
  Yes, the Saints are still the team to beat, but Drew Brees has looked off his game, with nine TDs but already eight INTs in four games. They are lucky ot be over .500. The Bucs just appear to be ascending at the right time. They had a good draft, feature a lot of young and hungry players. They could make some noise this year.
What the hell is wrong with the Atlanta offense? Lots of folks had them as Super Bowl contenders, but nothing is working for them...
  Michael Turner has been non-existent. Matt Ryan has not gotten into a groove with the passing game, things need to turnaround quickly before the Bucs and Saints walk away from them.

NFC WESTWLTPFPAHOMEROADDIV
San Francisco 49ers400102702-02-01-0
Arizona Cardinals31088572-01-11-1
Seattle Seahawks13081980-11-20-2
St Louis Rams13057751-10-21-0

*honk* *whoopie cushion* *honk*
Dammit Bonkers, we went over this already... the people can see the graphics on their HD radios!.
    *cowbell* *honk* *cowbell*
  Yea, I'm with Bonkers... that doesn't make any sense... seeing things on HD radio?!? What the hell?
Fine, you got me. The station shutdown last week, we aren't broadcasting at all. We went broke paying the big bucks for Professional Lacrosse rights... Pro Lacrosse? Who the hell would listen to that on the radio? What were we thinking? Anyways, I am writing all this down for my blog... so please, let's just finish the last division.
  That's bush league bro. I better still get paid for this [expletive]. Autographing pictures of myself getting man-humped by the 1985 Bears defense ain't exactly putting my kids through college. Anyways, the 49ers are just blowing everybody apart so far this season. QB Konrad Young is the easy favorite for rookie of the year, almost 1000 yards passing with nine TDs and only one interception through four games is impressive. For a rookie, it's insane. I think McNabb and the Cardinals try to make this division interesting, but the 49ers have to be considered the NFC favorite to reach the Super Bowl.
Thanks for tuning in... err... reading my newly minted Boston sports blog! We're currently looking for new investors, so if you want to own a piece of the whirlwind that is AM Talk Radio, please come see me down at the local Panera Bread. I work evenings and weekends.
    *shout* *honk* *snap* *cheer*
Oh yea, Bonkers would like to remind you that he is available for corporate events, family reunions and children's birthday parties. Please, no Yankee fans, as per court order, Bonkers can not be within 75 yards of anybody wearing Yankee apparel. Also, Bonkers is not be to touched, mocked, spoken to or left alone with children under the age of 14. This station and it's advertisers are not responsible for the crazy **** Bonkers might do if you actually let him into your residence. Referrals available upon request.

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 10-30-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #68
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Oct 9, 2011 - TEN at NE
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Tennessee Titans (3-2)10109029
New England Patriots (4-1)0721634
Team Stats Comparison
TENNE
400Total Offense296
233Rushing Yards88
167Passing Yards208
19First Downs10
3Punt Return Yards113
139Kick Return Yards232
542Total Yards641
0Turnovers1
3-123rd Down Converstion5-11
1-24th Down Conversion0-0
0-12-Point Conversion0-0
2/3Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/1
5-35Penalties4-40
36:27Posession Time23:33
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGTENNE
6:36(TEN) R.Bironas, 22 Yd FG30
4:27(TEN) A.Hall, 10 Yd pass from V.Young (Bironas kick)100
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGTENNE
13:53(NE) A.Jones, 88 Yd punt return (Gostkowski kick)107
8:24(TEN) R.Bironas, 34 Yd FG137
0:36(TEN) C.Johnson, 2 Yd run (Bironas kick)207
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGTENNE
13:56(NE) B.Tate, 75 yd pass from J.Warren (Gostkowski kick)2014
12:03(NE) W.Welker, 58 yd pass from J.Warren (Gostkowski kick)2021
5:26(TEN) R.Bironas, 20 Yd FG2321
5:14(NE) D.Moore, 98 Yd kickoff return (Gostkowski kick)2328
2:53(TEN) C.Johnson, 71 Yd run (2-point conversion failed)2928
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGTENNE
9:06(NE) S.Gostkowski, 35 Yd FG2931
3:52(NE) S.Gostkowski, 37 Yd FG2934
Tennessee Titans Boxscore
PASSINGRATINGC/ATTYDSTD/INTAVG
V.Young86.520/331891/05.7
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
C.Johnson201587.9271
J.Ringer9485.3023
V.Young5285.6016
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
N.Washington67111.8027
J.Hill4225.5013
J.Gage3299.6013
C.Johnson2168.0010
M.Mariani12121.0021
A.Hall11010.10110
DEFENSETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
G.McRath40000
J.Cook Jr.30000
S.Tulloch30010
M.Griffith30000
J.Ford11000
KICKINGFGM/APCTLONGXPM/APTS
R.Bironas3/3100.0342/211
New England Patriots Boxscore
J.Warren122.410/202182/010.9
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
J.Palmer12665.5012
W.Parker5214.2010
P.Hillis341.305
P.Rorie133.003
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
B.Tate28844.0175
W.Welker28643.0158
R.Gronkowski22613.0018
J.Palmer263.005
T.Price11515.0015
P.Hillis1-3.0-3.00-3.0
DEFENSETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
R.Ninkovich81000
B.Merriweather50000
D.Thornton51000
V.Wilfork40000
T.Warren31000
S.Gostkowski2/450.0374/410

Rookie Ali Jones returns punt 88 yds for the TD

FOXBOROUGH, MA -- After the first 22 minutes of gametime, the New England Patriots had five seconds of possession. Not five minutes, five seconds. After electing to kickoff to start the game and holding the Titans to a field goal, newly installed return man Devin Moore fumbled away his first NFL kickoff return. After the Titans drove down field for a Vince Young touchdown pass, the Patriots quickly went three and out. The route appeared to be on for the Titans. But after forcing the Titans to punt, rookie Ali Jones finally made his presence felt on special teams. Jones made multiple pretty cuts, found some seams and then made the punter miss in route to an 88-yard touchdown. The score was suddenly 10-7... and New England had the ball for all of five seconds of game clock.

"Holy Mother of Sweet Baby Mercy, we were [expletive] awful." said Pats head coach Josh Moore concerning his team's poor start. "We couldn't block, we couldn't throw, we couldn't tackle, we couldn't hold onto the football. If it wasn't for a monumental choke job by our opponent down the stretch and some lucky returns from our special teams, we should have been destroyed."

The Titans hardly rolled over at first. Vince Young was effective in the passing game and Chris Johnson gouged the Patriots defense for over 150 yards rushing. They controlled the tempo for the first half, but seemed to lose their way as the second half progressed. The Patriots brought consistent pressure via the blitz and Young was forced to scramble or throw short check down passes. Besides the 71 yard touchdown run from Johnson, the Titans offense was stymied the entire second half.

Johnson jukes Brandon Spikes out of his jock in route to a 71 yard TD

The Patriots solid day on special teams continued in the second half, as Moore made up for his fumble by returning a kickoff 98 yards to the house. After that, things began to click for the Patriots. Jeff Warren was harrassed by a tough Titans pass rush, but managed to turn many potential sacks into incomplete passes. The Titans only brought down Warren once the entire game. The aggresive pressure gameplan also backfired a number of times against the Titans, with Warren finding Wes Welker and Brandon Tate for long catch-and-run touchdowns after they beat single man blitz coverage.

"Their big plays were the difference in this one." said Titans long time coach Jeff Fisher, "I give that old bastard Josh Moore some credit, he was prepared for our blitz packages and made us pay." The Patriots had four touchdowns, the shortest being the 58 yard TD catch by Welker. The others being good for 75, 88 and 98 yards. "Take away even one of those huge gainers, and we win the game." Fisher lamented.

The Patriots are now 4-1 and appear in the driver seat for the AFC East. They take next week off for a bye, then they take their talents to South Beach to face the Dolphins. The Titans remain on the road, heading to their old Houston Oilers stomping grounds to face the 3-2 Texans.

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 10-30-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #69
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Nunyer's Notes

Another game I probably should have lost. I've never been very good at kickoff/punt returns, but actually had some lanes open up this game... but beyond that, they were killin me. Until... they stunk the joint up most of the second half. Oh well.

It was cool to eyeball down Welker and watch him shed press coverage and gain a step... sometimes the animations come together well and just surprise you with how cool things can look when it all works.

Created / Make-a-Wish Players

I really don't know how I didn't notice this before, the amount of times I've looked at all these rosters... but... some of my created players unknowingly snuck into this franchise.

In my offline Lions franchise, I always do CAPs for any team that doesn't have a 3rd QB on the roster, just to create a low end prospect and see if the CPU develops them... And I always leave the Make-a-wish kids in, poor bastards could be dead by now, would feel guilty for making them 12 OVR punters...

Anyways, so this franchise is based on the roster with a half dozen or so CAPs. For the QBs, I created the kids of old 80s quaterbacks... with OVRs in the low 60s... but they have A potential and sat on the bench for a year, so some of them are now 2nd stringers. They weren't supposed to be in this chise, but too late now.

Frank Reich Jr - 66 OVR - 3rd string KC (yea, should be on Bills, don't know how he ended up with KC)
Jack Trudeau Jr - 65 OVR - 2nd string IND (I CAP Trudeau all the time. My tribute to the worst QB you could be stuck with on the original Tecmo Bowl)
Lynn Dickey Jr - 66 OVR - 2nd string GB (just a forgettable pre-Favre Green Bay QB from the 80s.)
Bernie Kosar Jr - 65 OVR - 3rd string BAL (should be Browns, but they didn't need a 3rd QB)
Bobby Hebert Jr - 66 OVR - 2ng string NO (Hebert is another favorite CAP, former Michigan Panthers QB and USFL Champion, recognize!)
Rick Mirer Jr - 65 OVR - 3rd string SEA (i hate the irish)

Robert You -70 OVR - 3rd string CHI
HB Daniel Frisch - 73 OVR - 3rd string OAK

I think I must have dumbed down the make a wish kids, I think both should have higher OVRs.

Anyways, just wanted to give you a head's up in case you see these names as the chise rolls on... Lots of big injuries in week 5 heading into the trade deadline, next update will probably deal with that. I have some pretend GMing to do!
Old 10-31-2010, 01:02 AM   #70
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Untitled Document

Updated: October 13th, 2011, 1:42 AM ET

Injuries force a busy NFL trade deadline

by John Clayton

NEW YORK, NY -- Every year around this time, I get a weird sensation in my oddly shaped and disproportionally large head... It's my NFL Trade Deadline senses tingling! Well, this year that tingling almost gave me a full out stroke. Injuries, teams desperate to plug holes, contenders looking for pieces to put them over the top, bottom dweller trainwrecks looking to parlay expiring contracts into draft picks... All of that was in play this year. Let's run down some of the big time moves, shall we?

----

Minnesota trades WR Sidney Rice to Arizona for a 2nd round pick and WR Max Komar:
The season is basically lost for the Vikings, they are 0-4, their starting QB is out for another month, rumors have them considering a move to Los Angeles... It's just an awful year for the folks in Minnesota. It just didn't seem feasible for them to resign Rice this offseason. They already have Percy Harvin for a few more years on his rookie deal. Cutting Bernard Berrian wasn't an option either, as the cap penalty wouldn't have allowed for both Rice and Adrian Peterson to get new contracts. So Rice was the odd man out.

For the Cardinals, they appear to be turning the screws on Larry Fitzgerald. Contract talks broke down for the star reciever, then he went down for at least the remainder of the regular season with a broken collarbone. It appears as if the Arizona brass feels they can win now without Fitzgerald. Rumors are that Rice will get an extension if he plays well, which likely means that Fitzgerald with hit the open market this offseason.

----

The Indianapolis Colts acquire RB Jonathan Stewart from the Carolina Panthers for a 2nd round pick and TE Justin Wallace:
The Indy ground game has been a disgrace. Donald Brown and Kevin Smith are averaging a combined 2.5ypc. That apparently wasn't going to cut it, so the Colts boldly upgraded their run game.

For the Panthers, they get a nice draft pick for rebuilding and the TE of the future in Wallace, who was taken in the 5th round last year by the Colts. The Panthers signed veteran RB Maurice Morris for depth behind Deangelo Williams.

----

Green Bay trades QB Lynn Dickey Jr and a 4th round pick to New England for QB Matt Hasselbeck and a 6th round pick:
With Aaron Rodgers out for 8-10 weeks with a torn bicep, the Packers felt they had to do something. Dickey is considered a project in most circles, many don't believe he has the arm strength to succeed in the NFL, the Packers were obviously not comfortable with him stepping in long term for Rodgers.

The Patriots unload the unhappy Hasselbeck, who has been fuming since losing out to Jeff Warren in the preseason. Going to Green Bay gives him a chance to impact a playoff run right away. While New England will absorb almost $5 million in cap penalty next year, that will be largely offset by not having to pay Hasselbeck for 2012. New England's 2010 starter, Trent Edwards, is now QB2 behind Jeff Warren.

----

Cleveland trades QB Jake Delhomme to the NY Giants for a 4th round pick:
Eli Manning suffered a horrific compound leg fracture in week 5 and is gone for the season. The G-Men wasted no time getting a replacement. Jake will start immediately for the 3-2 Giants.

Colt McCoy hasn't been setting the world on fire in Cleveland, but with Matt Moore also under contract, the Browns felt Delhomme was expendable once the Giants came calling.

----

Baltimore trades DE Corey Redding to New England for a 4th round pick:
The Ravens are 0-5 and look awful. Ugly isn't a strong enough word for the season so far, and it looks like management is throwing in the towel and looking to 2012. They moved a couple of expiring pieces at the deadline for draft picks. This move allows 3rd year man Paul Kruger to start for the Ravens.

Redding will immediately start on a New England DL that lacks depth and has been gouged by the run. He replaces Mike Wright in the starting lineup, who has been ineffective at right end.

----

Baltimore trades OLB Jarett Johnson to Tampa Bay for a 4th round pick:
Sergio Kindle is the future at LOLB for Baltimore. Johnson was expendable and Tampa Bay needed the help. They have notions of taking the NFC South from the Saints, but losing Barrett Ruud made this move attractive in the near term. Johnson could be extended if the terms are right, as Tampa Bay probably doesn't want a 4th rounder being spent on a rental.

----

New England trades WR Matthew Slater to Washington for a 5th round pick:
Slater was buried on the Patriot bench and Washington needed help at WR and KR with Malcolm Kelly and Brandon Banks currently banged up. The Patriots hate trading away picks, so this move somewhat offsets what they had to give away to get Redding. Slater will immediately be the primary return man in D.C., replacing the ineffective Laurence Maroney who had the duties since the Brandon Banks injury.

----

In trade news that wasn't, it looks like Kansas City will be holding onto Thomas Jones. The only legit interest they got was from the Colts, and at 3-1, the Chiefs have playoff ambitions of their own and didn't want Jones to go to an AFC contender.

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 11-01-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:46 PM   #71
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Oct 23, 2011 - NE at MIA
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
New England Patriots (4-2)773623
Miami Dolphins (4-2)7100724
Team Stats Comparison
NEMIA
276Total Offense385
113Rushing Yards132
163Passing Yards253
12First Downs15
74Punt Return Yards10
111Kick Return Yards116
461Total Yards511
0Turnovers1
6-163rd Down Converstion7-14
0-14th Down Conversion0-0
0-02-Point Conversion0-0
0/1Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1/0
0-0Penalties1-5
27:02Posession Time32:58
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGNEMIA
9:39(MIA) R.Brown, 6 Yd run, (Carpenter kick)07
7:27(NE) L.Bodden, 29 Yd Interception return (Gostkowski kick)77
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGNEMIA
8:28(MIA) B.Marshall, 48 Yd pass from C.Henne (Carpenter kick)714
1:34(MIA) D.Carpenter, 37 Yd FG717
0:31(NE) A.Jones, 68 Yd punt return (Gostkowski kick)1417
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGNEMIA
9:44(NE) S.Gostkowski 50 Yd FG1717
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGNEMIA
12:39(NE) S.Gostkowski 42 Yd FG2017
4:30(NE) S.Gostkowski 22 Yd FG2317
1:22(MIA) B.Marshall, 30 Yd pass from C.Henne (Carpenter kick)2324
New England Patriots Boxscore
J.Warren67.415/301700/05.6
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
J.Palmer17704.1030
P.Hillis4328.0019
W.Parker3113.6013
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
W.Welker6559.1023
J.Palmer3134.309
B.Tate25125.5032
R.Gronkowski22110.5014
T.Price11616.0016
J.Edelman11414.0014
DEFENSETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
D.Thornton60000
P.Chung60000
B.Merriweather60000
L.Bodden00101
S.Gostkowski3/3100512/211
Miami Dolphins Boxscore
C.Henne108.714/232492/110.8
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
R.Brown291003.4111
B.Westbrook7324.5010
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
B.Marshall615826.3248
A.Fasano6355.8013
B.Hartline144.004
D.Bess13737.0037
R.Wallace11919.0019
DEFENSETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
J.Allen71010
K.Langford40000
Y.Bell40010
C.Crowder30000
D.Carpenter1/1100.0373/312

The Miami Dolphins have staked a claim to the AFC East. After the Patriots went into their week six bye with a 4-1 record, it looked like they were primed to pull away. Since then, both the Bills and Dolphins have won out and there is now a logjam at the top of the division. The Bills sit at 4-1 and now Miami and New England are at 4-2 after the Dolphins last minute 24-23 victory this Sunday.

Marshall gets loose for his game winning TD

"We have to find a way to play on the road." said Pats QB Jeff Warren, "At home we are a totally different team. I'm starting to think the opponents are spiking our Gatorade with roofies or something."

Miami running back Ronnie Brown had not been performing to expectations this year, but managed his first 100 yard game against a New England defense that continues to be weak against the rush. Quarterback Chad Henne found his favorite target, wide reciever Brandon Marshall, six times for over 150 yards including two scores. Marshall broke free from all coverage with 1:22 left to haul in the game winning 30 yard reception.

New England's offense did not click all day, the only Patriot touchdowns coming courtesy of defense and special teams. Cornerback Leigh Bodden took his first interception of the year to the house in the first quarter. Rookie WR Ali Jones now has punt return touchdowns in consectutive games with a 68 yarder just before halftime. Beyond that, the Patriots were held to three Stephen Gostkowski field goals.

"Man, this was just awful." said Patriots running back Johnny Palmer, "That defense was like my grandma's old dog that would always hump your leg when you walked in the door. Sure, you'd kick it away and thought it would leave you alone, but then a few minutes later it was back and going to town all over your shins. That was what the Dolphins defense did today, they humped our shins into oblivion."

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 10-31-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2010, 04:17 PM   #72
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Nunyer's Notes

Miami game:
The Madden 11 single player game would be much more enjoyable if the CPU would just play consistent for two halves. I know I've pissed and moaned about this before, but this was another game that the CPU seemed determined to lose.

After dominating the first half, the Miami offense went brain dead in the second half. Their defense was still solid, but the offense sucked. Chad Henne was carving me up, he had 201 yards passing in the 1st half. So, when I took a six point lead late in the fourth quarter... I figured they would pass. Well, with under four minutes left and trailing by six, they called three straight runs and then punted on 4th and 2 from midfield. what the hell??

The Miami defense stayed solid... and I was playing ultra conservative, because honestly, I was angry that the CPU was so blatantly tanking this game. They forced a punt, got the ball back... and promptly handed off twice with under two minutes left and still trailing by six. STOP BEING SO STUPID CPU!!! ugh... Anyways, I'm not saying I purposely lost this game, but I did pick a CB blitz from the "Ask Madden" choices in a situation where nobody should ever call the CB blitz... I wanted to match their dumb playcalling with dumb playcalling of my own. They finally passed and burned the CB blitz for the game winning 30 yarder to Marshall.

Henne had 201 yards passing in the first half. In the second half, with the game either tied or the Dolphins trailing the entire time, Henne only attempted five passes and had 48 yards. This makes absolutely ZERO sense and it ticks me off. In my other offline Lions franchise, the CPU would seem to get smarter and generally better as the season wore on... and I hope that is the case here. Win or lose, I want it to be legit... this game would have been a totally cheap win if I had pulled it out. I don't know if the CPU is just dumb, or there is some coding that forces them to keep games close, but it's really annoying when this behavior crops up.

Trades and stuff
I enjoy player movement in my chises, always have. While I won't get silly and make the Colts refuse to resign Manning.... I like big names occasionally finding the open market. With the big injury, Fitzgerald seemed like a good canidate... and with the Cards still in the hunt, I thought the trade for Rice worked as well.

QBs took a huge hit in week five. Eli gone for the year, Rodgers gone for 9 weeks, Flacco gone for a month... I knew Hasselbeck had to land somewhere new. The Packers made the most sense, as it allowed me to snatch up the Lynn Dickey Jr CAP and keep him buried at 3rd string. His THP is mid 70s, and he can't run either, so he isn't much of a QB.

I also wanted a slightly more MLB/NBA feel at the trade deadline, where maybe a team or two would give up on the season. It rarely happens in the NFL because the deadline is so early in the year... but with Ravens doing sooo awful... and seeing both guys they traded would not have been resigned... I went for it. In his first game, Corey Redding was a non-factor for me, only getting one tackle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »