View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 01:02 AM   #254
Deuce2223
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

2012 RECRUITING RECAP

Past and Current Powers continue to dominate in recruiting the top players in the nation to their school.

LSU started the year ranked #1 but struggled out of the gate finishing with just 7 wins, but that didn't stop them landing the #1 Class this year.

They were not the only SEC school who struggled on the field but had great success off. Florida also struggled winning just 7 games and was dominated by Penn State in their Bowl game but came way with the #2 Class.

Texas finished the year #3 in the Nation going into the Fiesta Bowl against Washington and that success helped them land the #3 Recruiting Class.

USC landed the #1 Class 2 years ago, and the #31 last year. They started strong but failed of late losing 5 straight including the Rose Bowl vs Missouri, but they hopefully can turn things around with the #4 Class (17-4* and 3-3*)

Michigan has played in the National Title the past 2 years winning this past one and will continue to stay among the nations best with the #5 Class.

Oklahoma struggled most of the year in the Big 12 but a huge victory over #10 Tennessee in the Cotton Bowl helped them land the #6 Class

TCU has done well since joining the Big 12 landing high quality players and showing they can play with the Big Boys. They will continue to do that with the #7 Class

UNC might be known as a basketball powerhouse, but the football program has shown life over the past 4 years and should continue with the #8 Class.

Georgia has always been a program whom everyone expects to have a breakout year and win the SEC, they will continue that roll as they bring in the #9 Class

Auburn showed flashes of greatness throughout the year including their Bowl Win over #14 Florida State. They land the #10 Class.

Other notables
#11 Ohio State
#12 Tennessee
#13 BYU
#14 Wisconsin
#15 South Carolina

USC wasn't the only Pac-10 team to have success, as all 10 teams land in the Top-65. Here is a breakdown of each team.

#17 UCLA (8-4*, 7-3*, 5-2*)
#19 Oregon (2-5*, 6-4*, 4,3*)
#27 Oregon State (2-4*, 17-3*, 6-2*)
#29 Cal (1-4*, 20-3*)
#35 Utah (1-4*, 19-3*, 2*)
#49 Colorado (16-3*, 7-2*)
#53 Stanford (3-4*, 10-3*,6-2*)
#64 Washington (13-3*, 8-2*)
#65 Washington State (17-3*, 1-2*

Coach Dodge "Obviously the Pac-10 is loaded with talent, but I really feel that we are narrowing the Overall talent of our team compared to the next. Coach Riley has proven that you can still recruit very well to a small Northwest school even when you are not winning. We have found that is also the case here in Pullman. I am very excited about the success we have had in Hawaii. We have 3 very talented players from the Islands that we wouldn't have gotten a couple years ago when June Jones was there. Him leaving for SMU has really opened up the opportunity to get talent there. I am also very excited with how well we did instate. We finished just 1 spot behind Washington. I really hope that next year we can change that now that we have beaten them back to back years."

(My class didn't change much, in the offseason as I landed only 2 players a 3* Athlete and a 2* Guard. The rest of the guy's I posted about a couple pages back in my in season recruiting recap.)

I am working on recreating and creating all the new prospects from the boards. I have 14 players for this season and 1 already for next year.) (For all those players already created, I am just going to go back in and change their names to something else) All Created Prospects are going to be created as a 90 Overall.