RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Plasma or LCD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Here is a Sammy review...

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...in;contentBody

Cnet is pretty good for just getting general information. They get too anal sometimes for picture quality, because they can knock a TV that I was just in a store and "floored by" how good it looked, yet there was a nuance or two they pick out because it is not pinnacle. They go a little too far for the videophiles. And some of their reviews for the more affordable sets that the average person would think looks marvelous, would make said person discouraged into buying.

But for the technical part to know the major faults of a set, like the blacks getting lighter over time on the Pannys, it is good to read.

The only issue it had with the Sammy was 1080p/24 the blacks were not as dark. But other than that they said it had one of the highest picture qualities tested this year in both 2D and 3D modes. But some of the user reviews claim terrible burn in, which I noticed on my friends Samsung, it seemed pretty susceptible.

Just take caution with what you have displayed on it and you should be fine.
Thanks. Looks like Sears is selling the G20 for $989.....damn are the prices of these TV's on some crazy sales. I was on AVS and was reading an article that there is an abundance of LCD's in the market right now and the best time to buy is by the end of the year if you are looking since the prices will be very low.
Advertisements - Register to remove