Old 11-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #38
EnigmaNemesis
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Plasma or LCD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
WOW! I can only imagine the closer it gets to Christmas on how cheap some of these will get. I'm still trying to decide Plasma or LCD, with leaning more towards LCD. I have to go this weekend and look at some more. It helps reading up more on the 3 technologies to better understand pro's and con's. What I love about the DLP I would be losing some in the LCD and gaining in the Plasma, but the Plasma needs to be really treated like a baby. Some interesting things on the LED-LCD about the Edge lit LCD's where there are some drawbacks. LOL! Too much of this reading will make you go crazy.
Agreed. I read too much too, which is why after 2 years, I still have not pulled the trigger, almost did n an XBR9. Games look fantastic on my Dell 2405 anyhow in the mean time.

But the best thing to do, is just go in the store, and look at what you think you like the best visually. And not worry to much about the technical mumbo jumbo too much. Some of the LED Sony's these videophile catered sites trash, I fell in love with. And did not see any of the "microscope analyzing it seems" they put in reviews.

Pull the trigger, bring it home, you then have nothing to compare it to in your own house, so it will please you when looking at it.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 11-12-2010 at 03:03 PM.