Deuce2223
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

COLLEGE GAME DAY IN PULLMAN YET AGAIN.

#19 (0-1) VS #14 (0-1)

GAME PREVIEW

Orginally this game had more hype to start the year as the winner was being labeled as a potential National Champion, but as both teams lost in Week's 1 and 2, it now was do or die time as neither team wanted to start out the year 0-2.

Lee Corso comments "After watching both of these teams put up 30+ points in the opening game, it's hard to imagine what the Final outcome of today's game will be. Both these teams have proven they can score points and even though Coach Dodge showed they can beat the Ducks when last year at the "ZOO", I think the Ducks get their revenge tonight. Final score 42-35

Kirk Herbstreit comments "I don't know Lee, I thought that WSU showed they can still play some ball in last weeks loss. I do however think Coach Dodge and Offensive Coordinator/Quartersback Coach Drew Bledsoe could have a tough decision to make. RS FR K. Reed played very well in his 1 drive leading the Cougars to a TD. If RS SR J. Roland struggles early, I think we could see a QB Controversy in Pullman. I believe that WSU will get their ground game working today and pull out the the close win. Final score 31-28

GAME RECAP
DEFENSE = TURNOVERS
Oregon would dominate the 1st Quarter as J. Roland throws his 4th INT of the season, FR CB Michael James returns the INT 29 yds for the score. The Ducks would then add another TD on a 30 yd pass play from Daughtery to All-American L. Tyler. (14-0)

In the 2nd Quarter, WSU would lose their top 2 runners, as RS SO I. Jefferson is forced from the game with a back injury and 1 play later RS FR B. Stewart is knocked out for with what looked like broken ribs. RS JR R. Mayfield who moved to Fullback moves into the HB role and scores his 1st TD of the game and 12th of his career to put the Cougars on the board (14-7). Then with 23 seconds to play J. Roland finds FR J. Meeks for his first career TD on a 4yd TD pass to make it (14-14) at the half

J. Roland would start the 2nd half throwing his 2nd INT of the game and (5th of the year) leading to his benching, but Reed wouldn't do much better throwing a INT of his own as well. But the Cougar "D" would step up forcing 2 turnovers as well (INT and a Fumble) but with 2 mintues to play in the 3rd, Oregon would take the lead on a 4yd run by K. Scales (21-14)

RS FR K. Reed would open the 4th with his 2nd INT of the game but WSU would get it right back as CB T. McBride would pick off his 2nd INT of the day, and Reed would make the most of his 2nd chance throwing his 2nd career TD (12 yds to A. Brooks) to tie the game (21-21).

Again the Cougar "D" would step up as True FR FS B. Cabral would pick off a pass for his 1st career INT setting up a 2 yd TD run by R. Mayfield with 3 minutes to play, and again the Cougar D would step up forcing a punt with 1:41 to play. R. Mayfield would do the rest as he takes in his 3rd TD of the game with 34 seconds to play.

FINAL SCORE WSU-35 OREGON-21

KEY PLAYERS

QB J. Roland-22/43 250 yds 1 TD 2 INT
QB K. Reed-7/17 80 yds 1 TD 2 INT
RB R. Mayfield-24 carries 107 yds (4.4 Avg) 3 TD
RB I. Jefferson-5 carries 30 yds (6.0 Avg)
WR T. McCoy-13 rec 192 yds
WR A. Brooks-7 rec 69 yds 1 TD
CB F. McBride-2 INT, 1 Forced Fumble

QB D Daughtery-15/26 216 yds 1 TD 3 INT
RB K. Scales-17 carries 57 yds (3.3 Avg)
WR L. Tyler-2 rec 55 yds 1 TD
CB M. James-8 Tackles (6 Solo) 1 INT return 29 yds TD

POST GAME INTERVIEW WITH COACH DODGE BY ERIN ANDREWS.

EA-Coach Congrats on your win. You must be feeling pretty good right now

CD-Thanks Erin. Yeah this was a big win for us. To start the year 1-0 in Conference and get a Top-25 win is a huge thing for our program and the level we want to continue to play at.

EA-Coach you lost your top 2 Runners (I. Jefferson-Game, B. Stewart-11 Weeks to Broken Ribs), but brought in former HB R. Mayfield who responded with 24 carries for 107 yds and 3 TD's. Does his performance earn him a chance to start next week against #1 OSU?

CD-Well he definetly didn't hurt his chances. Right now we will see how Jefferson runs in practice. My guess is our best game plan is to keep the ball away from their Offense, so I am guessing we will need both backs ready to go.

EA-Coach Tim McCoy had 4 huge drops in our Week 2 loss to Penn State, today he had 13 rec for 192 yds with no drops, yet FR J. Spencer finished with just 1 rec and had 3 drops. Do you think drop passes hurts your QB confidence in throwing a pass?

CD-I am sure it does. If you see a guy open, but know that he just dropped 1 or 2 balls and then you see your favorite targert down field, sometimes they try and make the harder throw, which leads to INT's.

EA-Speaking of INT's both Roland and Reed threw 2 today and Roland now has 5 INT on the year. Who starts next week?

CD-J. Roland is a SR, that means alot to me and alot to the guys on this team. We will continue to work with him this week and prepare for him to be our starter. He has the ability to make plays with his feet (82 Speed), I just need him to realize that and start taking off running instead of trying to make a difficult throw.

EA-Coach M. Owens has gone 2 games without a Sack. He has faced double and sometimes triple teams from the opposing O-Line. Do you think he can get double digits sacks again this year?

CD-Well if he doesn't, then I am sure someone on this team will. I wouldn't count out Ownes yet. He is capable of putting up 4 or 5 a game against the right opponnent.