Home

The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #497
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

WEEK 2 RESULTS

TOP-25/WITH BOARDMEMBER STATS

#3 Alabama-31 FCS-10
(TJ Deuce-4 Rec 71 yds 1 TD)

#2 Texas-45 Minnestoa-7
(Deion White-10 carries 54 yds, Speedy Gonzales 3 carries 11 yds, AJ Hart-8 rec 199 yds 2 TD)

#5 Michigan-45 N. Illinios-7
(A. Wheeler-11 rec 88 yds 2 TD, C. Haas-3 rec 59 yds 2 TD)

#9 Okahoma-40 Tulas-0
(S. Mengal-26 carries 86 yds 1 TD, J. Green 4 rec 62 yds)

#1 Ohio State-65 FCS-7
(J. Ross-17/31 253 yds 2 TD, A. West 2/5 51 yds 1 TD)

OTHER NOTEABLES

Washington-31 Rutgers-26

#17 Boise State-42 UTEP-0

#7 Florida State-31 Western Kentucky-15

TOP-25 CHANGES

With the loss to Penn State, WSU falls from #12 to #19 in the Poll, well PSU moves up to #12 taking their place.

With the loss to Georgia in Week 1, the Ducks fell from #5 to #14 as they take on the Cougars next week in Pullman.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:02 PM   #498
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

COLLEGE GAME DAY IN PULLMAN YET AGAIN.

#19 (0-1) VS #14 (0-1)

GAME PREVIEW

Orginally this game had more hype to start the year as the winner was being labeled as a potential National Champion, but as both teams lost in Week's 1 and 2, it now was do or die time as neither team wanted to start out the year 0-2.

Lee Corso comments "After watching both of these teams put up 30+ points in the opening game, it's hard to imagine what the Final outcome of today's game will be. Both these teams have proven they can score points and even though Coach Dodge showed they can beat the Ducks when last year at the "ZOO", I think the Ducks get their revenge tonight. Final score 42-35

Kirk Herbstreit comments "I don't know Lee, I thought that WSU showed they can still play some ball in last weeks loss. I do however think Coach Dodge and Offensive Coordinator/Quartersback Coach Drew Bledsoe could have a tough decision to make. RS FR K. Reed played very well in his 1 drive leading the Cougars to a TD. If RS SR J. Roland struggles early, I think we could see a QB Controversy in Pullman. I believe that WSU will get their ground game working today and pull out the the close win. Final score 31-28

GAME RECAP
DEFENSE = TURNOVERS
Oregon would dominate the 1st Quarter as J. Roland throws his 4th INT of the season, FR CB Michael James returns the INT 29 yds for the score. The Ducks would then add another TD on a 30 yd pass play from Daughtery to All-American L. Tyler. (14-0)

In the 2nd Quarter, WSU would lose their top 2 runners, as RS SO I. Jefferson is forced from the game with a back injury and 1 play later RS FR B. Stewart is knocked out for with what looked like broken ribs. RS JR R. Mayfield who moved to Fullback moves into the HB role and scores his 1st TD of the game and 12th of his career to put the Cougars on the board (14-7). Then with 23 seconds to play J. Roland finds FR J. Meeks for his first career TD on a 4yd TD pass to make it (14-14) at the half

J. Roland would start the 2nd half throwing his 2nd INT of the game and (5th of the year) leading to his benching, but Reed wouldn't do much better throwing a INT of his own as well. But the Cougar "D" would step up forcing 2 turnovers as well (INT and a Fumble) but with 2 mintues to play in the 3rd, Oregon would take the lead on a 4yd run by K. Scales (21-14)

RS FR K. Reed would open the 4th with his 2nd INT of the game but WSU would get it right back as CB T. McBride would pick off his 2nd INT of the day, and Reed would make the most of his 2nd chance throwing his 2nd career TD (12 yds to A. Brooks) to tie the game (21-21).

Again the Cougar "D" would step up as True FR FS B. Cabral would pick off a pass for his 1st career INT setting up a 2 yd TD run by R. Mayfield with 3 minutes to play, and again the Cougar D would step up forcing a punt with 1:41 to play. R. Mayfield would do the rest as he takes in his 3rd TD of the game with 34 seconds to play.

FINAL SCORE WSU-35 OREGON-21

KEY PLAYERS

QB J. Roland-22/43 250 yds 1 TD 2 INT
QB K. Reed-7/17 80 yds 1 TD 2 INT
RB R. Mayfield-24 carries 107 yds (4.4 Avg) 3 TD
RB I. Jefferson-5 carries 30 yds (6.0 Avg)
WR T. McCoy-13 rec 192 yds
WR A. Brooks-7 rec 69 yds 1 TD
CB F. McBride-2 INT, 1 Forced Fumble

QB D Daughtery-15/26 216 yds 1 TD 3 INT
RB K. Scales-17 carries 57 yds (3.3 Avg)
WR L. Tyler-2 rec 55 yds 1 TD
CB M. James-8 Tackles (6 Solo) 1 INT return 29 yds TD

POST GAME INTERVIEW WITH COACH DODGE BY ERIN ANDREWS.

EA-Coach Congrats on your win. You must be feeling pretty good right now

CD-Thanks Erin. Yeah this was a big win for us. To start the year 1-0 in Conference and get a Top-25 win is a huge thing for our program and the level we want to continue to play at.

EA-Coach you lost your top 2 Runners (I. Jefferson-Game, B. Stewart-11 Weeks to Broken Ribs), but brought in former HB R. Mayfield who responded with 24 carries for 107 yds and 3 TD's. Does his performance earn him a chance to start next week against #1 OSU?

CD-Well he definetly didn't hurt his chances. Right now we will see how Jefferson runs in practice. My guess is our best game plan is to keep the ball away from their Offense, so I am guessing we will need both backs ready to go.

EA-Coach Tim McCoy had 4 huge drops in our Week 2 loss to Penn State, today he had 13 rec for 192 yds with no drops, yet FR J. Spencer finished with just 1 rec and had 3 drops. Do you think drop passes hurts your QB confidence in throwing a pass?

CD-I am sure it does. If you see a guy open, but know that he just dropped 1 or 2 balls and then you see your favorite targert down field, sometimes they try and make the harder throw, which leads to INT's.

EA-Speaking of INT's both Roland and Reed threw 2 today and Roland now has 5 INT on the year. Who starts next week?

CD-J. Roland is a SR, that means alot to me and alot to the guys on this team. We will continue to work with him this week and prepare for him to be our starter. He has the ability to make plays with his feet (82 Speed), I just need him to realize that and start taking off running instead of trying to make a difficult throw.

EA-Coach M. Owens has gone 2 games without a Sack. He has faced double and sometimes triple teams from the opposing O-Line. Do you think he can get double digits sacks again this year?

CD-Well if he doesn't, then I am sure someone on this team will. I wouldn't count out Ownes yet. He is capable of putting up 4 or 5 a game against the right opponnent.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:07 AM   #499
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 3 RESULTS

#8 V.T. LOSES NATIONAL HOPES GONE!

Once again the Virginia Tech Hokies struggle to win games early in the year, as they fall to Georgia Tech 23-7. With the loss the Hokies drop to #18, well Georgia Tech now 3-0 moves into the Top-25 at #23.

For the 2nd straight week Michigan wins easy defeating Appy State 31-6. (A. Wheeler 5 rec 63 yds 1 TD, C. Hass 3 rec 11 yds 1 TD)

The Buckeyes had no problems in Week 3 defeating a instate opponnent in the University of Ohio 49-10. (J. Ross-22/33 244 yds 5 TD, A. West 2/4 21 yds)

# 12

The Lions continue to showcase one of the best offenses in the nation as they defeat Rutgers 45-17. (D. McLaughlin-16/24 163 yds 1 TD 1 INT, J. McLaughlin-4 rec 72 yds)

TJ Deuce continues to showcase his Heisman campaign as he catches 8 balls for 130 yds and 2 TD's in the 32-3 win over South Carolina.

TOP-25 NEWS

With Virginia Tech's loss, USC moves into the Top-10 at #9. Boise State takes advantage of a 2-0 start and moves up to #15, well Washington States win over Oregon moves the Cougars up to #16. Oregon drops to #22 with their 2nd loss of the year.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:16 AM   #500
Rookie

Mogar's Arena

OVR: 0

Great win against Oregon, how long are you going to stay at WSU? You going to try and rebuild another school?
Old 12-10-2010, 01:22 AM   #501
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogar
Great win against Oregon, how long are you going to stay at WSU? You going to try and rebuild another school?

Thanks. I have 2 years left on my contract I am leaning toward staying until the end.. Alot will depend on how I finish this year. I brought in a Top-10 recruiting class last year, however didn't really land any super impact players. I have WSU up to a 5* prestiage but they are only a C- Overall. I would like to see them a B Overall before leaving, so that way they don't become a Pac-10 bottom feeder in 3 or 4 years.

However I am keeping a eye on teams struggling in the SEC and Big Ten because those are the 2 conferences I would like to leave for. However if the right ACC or Big 12 team came up, I would consider them as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #502
Rookie

dtackel78's Arena

OVR: 3

looks jack or dave could push for the heisman this year as well
Old 12-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #503
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtackel78
looks jack or dave could push for the heisman this year as well

Possible. PSU has 2 really good RB's as well and they get alot of yards and TD's. Had 189 yds and 3 TD's last week in their win, but if they put up the kind of #'s against me a few times, they will be among the nations best.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:39 AM   #504
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

FOR THE 3RD STRAIGHT WEEK WSU PLAYS ON THE NATIONAL STAGE

#16 (1-1) VS #1 (2-0)

GAME PREVIEW

For the 3rd straight week Washington State takes on a Top-25 opponnent. This time its #1 Ohio State at Columbus in the "Horse Shoe". Over 100k people are in attendence to watch the Buckeyes take on the Defending National Champs.

Lee Coros- I don't think in all my years, have I ever seen a team take on a tougher schedule then WSU. Even though the Cougars have had mixed results, I give Coach Dodge alot of credit for being willing to take on this type of schedule.

Kirk Heirbstreit- I agree Lee. This is crazy. The Cougars have played well at times but if they have any chance of beating the Buckeyes, they will have to be at their best all of the time.

LC-You are correct there Kirk. As much as I would love to put on the Cougar head, I just can't do it. I just don't think the Cougars have what it takes to pull this one off. Prediction Ohio State 44-28

KH-OSU has just to much firepower. QB Jordan Ross is a beast at 6'7 276 lbs, can you believe it, he is actually bigger then every WSU lineman including Marlon Owens, but I they guy the WSU "D" needs to worry about is RB N. Brown. This kid can flat out run, (had 182 yds and 3 TD's in his last game) I think WSU will keep things close, but in the end run out of gas. Prediction Ohio State 38-31

GAME RECAP

The Cougar "D" would step up forcing a fumble on a option run play, picking up the fumble and returning it 29 yds for the score to go up 7-0.
RB N. Brown would show why he is a Heisman canidate breaking off a 81 yd TD on the very next play to tie the game (7-7). Looking to keep the ball out of OSU hands. WSU would run off 4 minutes from the clock as I. Jefferson shows he too can make plays scoring from 9 yds out to give WSU the 14-7 lead at the end of the 1st Quarter.

The Cougar "D" would step up huge in the 2nd Quarter again forcing a fumble on the 6yd keeping OSU out of the endzone, then on a 1st down and 4, the Cougar "D" would stuff OSU attempts all 3 straight times forcing a 19 yd FG to keep the lead (14-10). However on the insuing kickoff, CB W. Jones would fumble the ball, and 1 play later it was N. Brown running in a 39 yd TD to give OSU their 1st lead (17-14) at the end of the half.

WSU would take the 2nd half kickoff, running off 3 minutes before QB J. Roland would score on a 5yd QB Keeper (21-17). However again N. Brown would destroy the "D" scoring his 3rd TD of the game from 31 yds out to make it (24-21) Down by 3, the Cougars again would try and work the ball down field on the ground, but on 3rd and 8, were forced to pass, FR J. Spencer would drop the 1st down catch, forcing a 38 yd FG attempt. The kick was good as WSU tied the game (24-24) at the end of the 3rd Quarter.

Again the Cougar "D" woud step up in the 4th as CB D. Miller picked off his 3rd INT of the season. The Offense would stall though and were forced to Punt with 5 minutes to play. With N. Brown on the sideline getting a breather, OSU's backup RB S. Williams would show he too could make big plays breaking a 51 yd run for the score. The Buckeyes would miss the PAT making it (30-24) with with 4:34 to play.

Needing a TD to pull out the huge upset win, J. Roland would take the team down the field completing 4/4 passes to the 8 yd line. After a 2 yd loss by I. Jefferson, Roland would try and hit T. McCoy in the endzone but the pass is picked off with 1:55 to play. Again the Cougar "D" would step up though forcing a punt and with 42 seconds to play. Roland would lead the offense onto the field with a chance to win the game. Roland would hit FR J. Spencer on a 51 yd pass as he he is tackled out of bounds on the 21 yd line with 36 seconds to play. After a 12 yd run by I. Jefferson it was 1st and goal with 24 seconds to play. Rolling out of the pocket, Roland looks to hit T. McCoy in the endzone but again the his pass is deflected into the hands of the Buckeye "D" as Ohio State holds on for the win.

FINAL SCORE WSU-24 OSU-30

KEY PLAYERS

QB J. Roland-14/32 262 yds 2 INT
RB I. Jefferson-17 carries 89 yds (5.2 Avg) 1 TD
RB R. Mayfield-11 carries 39 yds (3.5 Avg)
WR T. McCoy-8 rec 148 yds
WR J. Spencer-3 rec 72 yds
SS G. Keyes-1 Fumble return for a TD
CB- D. Miller 1 INT

QB J. Ross-9/17 57 yds 1 INT
RB N. Brown-27 carries 328 yds (12.1 Avg) 3 TD
**School Record**
RB S. Williams-6 carries 63 yds 1 TD
MLB L. Kyle-9 Tackles (6 Solo)

POST GAME COMMENTS BY COACH DODGE INTERVIEW BY ERIN ANDREWS

EA-Coach once again your QB Justin Roland made some mistakes and those mistakes cost you the game, when are you going to give RS FR K. Reed a chance to start a game?

CD-Who starts at QB is not just my decision. We make it as a team. Coach Bledsoe and I sit down after practice all week and decide did Reed show enough to move past Roland. At this point I don't think so. People always want to point out the plays he doesn't make but never comment about the ones he does.

EA-Coach it has to be pretty disappointing though, you guys where so close to knocking off the #1 team in the nation which would've been a huge statement to everyone that last year was not a fluke

CD-Fluke. How can you call going 13-0 and beating Alabama a Fluke. You might be pretty but your sure not very smart

EA Sorry Coach bad choice of words.

CD-Interview over..

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »