View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #68
huskerwr38
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Current Madden ratings mean nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
sliders should adjust the AI not the ratings...if you want a more challenging game on all madden it should mean the cpu ai makes better play calls, have faster play recognition, increased awareness etc...for an easier game vice versa.

ratings should NOT have anything to do with sliders, if they weren't just placebo numbers you could get consistent player vs player matchups on any level. the realistic challenge would lie within playcalling and execution, and ratings would be universal across the board. in madden, this is not the case and this video is a clear demonstration of that.

I agree with you. I like to play chess a lot on my electronic chess board and there are difficulty levels that work based on decision making ability of the computer. Which is like play calling in my eyes. If you increase the difficulty the computer makes better decisions and are harder to beat because they have a gameplan and can essentially think ahead and react to my moves. The cpu chess pieces aren't able to move 5 spaces more than the previous level, they just make smarter decisions. This is how the difficulty should be set up in Madden.