Home

Current Madden ratings mean nothing

This is a discussion on Current Madden ratings mean nothing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Current Madden ratings mean nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Its not just that video. I have done my own experiments that I can see with my own eyes and I have seen the same thing that video shows. The only reason I'm putting stock in that particular video is because I have none of my own. I think its amazing that people will deny what is clearly being shown...

You think its a good thing that we don't know exactly what sliders do? You think EA isn't aware of these accusations and videos and wouldn't want to clear the air?....ya good luck believing that.

I think its pretty telling that EA has never really answered what sliders do. I think its pretty telling that the sim engine is completely busted...I think EA past history with current gen madden and all the problems...well you get the picture.

I just want to point out that, believe it or not, all I want is for EA to get things right. They don't have to be perfect but personally I think there are some glaring issues, that are far from perfect. I think a lot of you guys just think people are looking for attention or want to bash EA. I don't think that's the case (at least not for me personally). I would love for them to make a legitimate, accurate football game. Criticism is not evil, you can call it bashing or hating or whatever but its actually a fundamental aspect to growth and is completely necessary in most instances. Sure in many instances it could be done with more elegance but that's not really relevant, the issue being pointed out is.
I'm not sure if any of this is directed at me, but I never contradicted anything in your post nor do I have a problem with you criticizing the game. Obviously the game isn't perfect and as I said I feel for those who play online and can't get any relief from sliders.

The only thing I take issue with is that you're insinuating that somehow I'm justifying playing a broken game. The only point I ever made was that with slider modifications you can get the type of game you want from Madden 11 and I won't be influenced by a random video from a person I don't know who's using unknown settings to get these results when my own experience tells me different. Here's some quick numbers to illustrate my point in the 6 games before I started using Giants4Natic's sliders I was averaging 31.2 ppg which for the talent level I have is pretty ridiculous in the 6 games since I'm averaging 19.3 ppg and this is with the exact same roster and play calls.

I can no longer score at will and it's made the game not only playable, but about 1000 times more enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 09:27 PM   #66
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Ratings do mean something, their default values just may not be stretched enough to show the difference in effectiveness. This should be able to be edited with an under the hood "ratings threshold" setting. But, then again, i could be wrong b/c they went in and stretched the ratings manually a few years ago...i think this should be a option for them though.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:23 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 36

I'd love an option to decrease all players by -5, -10 or -15 OVR to make the elite truly seem more than the average player.

In a perfect world, 55-60 would be your average player. Rookies would come in at a MAX of 69 and earn their worth through seasons of play.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
sliders should adjust the AI not the ratings...if you want a more challenging game on all madden it should mean the cpu ai makes better play calls, have faster play recognition, increased awareness etc...for an easier game vice versa.

ratings should NOT have anything to do with sliders, if they weren't just placebo numbers you could get consistent player vs player matchups on any level. the realistic challenge would lie within playcalling and execution, and ratings would be universal across the board. in madden, this is not the case and this video is a clear demonstration of that.

I agree with you. I like to play chess a lot on my electronic chess board and there are difficulty levels that work based on decision making ability of the computer. Which is like play calling in my eyes. If you increase the difficulty the computer makes better decisions and are harder to beat because they have a gameplan and can essentially think ahead and react to my moves. The cpu chess pieces aren't able to move 5 spaces more than the previous level, they just make smarter decisions. This is how the difficulty should be set up in Madden.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #69
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
You guys will find anyway to justify in your minds that your not playing a broken game. Proof doesn't lie, your theories are just theories. Videos say a lot more than your own personal interpretations of whats going on.

If sliders completely negate the ratings than one or the other is broken. The sliders are not meant to override ratings there meant to increase or decrease the affect of them. A punter shouldn't be able to block a DT regardless of how the sliders are set. How many of you are not using sliders btw? If you are, then your basically throwing out the ratings, which means it really doesn't matter who your playing with or against...
The ignorance in your post is stagering. To begin with, anyone who turns the game on is using sliders. Out of the box you are using EA's pre-set Rookie/Pro/All-Pro/All-Madden sliders. "Custom Sliders" allow you to make changes to those settings.

The game is "broken" but not in all the ways people claim it is.

Quote:
The sliders are not meant to override ratings there meant to increase or decrease the affect of them.
Either way you look at it, that is what they do. Like it or not, the ratings are just a modifier, or base value, to a die roll. Sliders have an impact on that modifier as well. Through intense testing, people like Playmakers hone in on slider sets that allow the ratings to be respected and properly represented as best as we can.

As slider sets get tuned, that is when you really start to see where the real flaws in the game are as opposed to skewed result from poor default settings given to us by EA.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:21 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
The ignorance in your post is stagering. To begin with, anyone who turns the game on is using sliders. Out of the box you are using EA's pre-set Rookie/Pro/All-Pro/All-Madden sliders. "Custom Sliders" allow you to make changes to those settings.

The game is "broken" but not in all the ways people claim it is.

Either way you look at it, that is what they do. Like it or not, the ratings are just a modifier, or base value, to a die roll. Sliders have an impact on that modifier as well. Through intense testing, people like Playmakers hone in on slider sets that allow the ratings to be respected and properly represented as best as we can.

As slider sets get tuned, that is when you really start to see where the real flaws in the game are as opposed to skewed result from poor default settings given to us by EA.
And agian you can't use siders online.Like I said before Why do I have to set sliders to get the ratings to work right?(Shouldn't the ratings work out of the box?)
Old 12-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #71
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
And agian you can't use siders online.Like I said before Why do I have to set sliders to get the ratings to work right?(Shouldn't the ratings work out of the box?)
The sliders work correct out of the box for the 4,000,000 plus casual gamers. Little Johnny just wants to fire the game up and start with Manning hitting 80 yd bombs. The sliders are not set up "out of the box" for hardcore gamers on the internet.

The offline hardcore gamer can test sliders to their galore to get them playing the way they want to.

I've acknowledged several times regarding people that play the game online only. The only solution is to hope EA gives the online community sliders for different options on playing the game online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #72
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The sliders work correct out of the box for the 4,000,000 plus casual gamers. Little Johnny just wants to fire the game up and start with Manning hitting 80 yd bombs. The sliders are not set up "out of the box" for hardcore gamers on the internet.

The offline hardcore gamer can test sliders to their galore to get them playing the way they want to.

I've acknowledged several times regarding people that play the game online only. The only solution is to hope EA gives the online community sliders for different options on playing the game online.
Thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »