View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 01:17 AM   #34
Meast21Forever
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: Importing draft logic for Madden 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburke2
I disagree with you on this in a way. Because ratings are relative, NCAA players who are the fastest college players are also playing against an overall slower group of competition. I go back to my previous example of a 99 SPD CB in college. He's playing against generally slower WRs than NFL receivers. His NCAA 99 speed may be reduced to even a 92 or a 93 because overall NFL players are faster and the basis for comparison is different. Do you think that the fastest player in college football automatically becomes the fastest NFL player as soon as he enters the league? I'm not saying its not possible, but its certainly not as automatic as you think.
this doesn't make sense. trindon holliday, brandon banks, these guys ran fast 40s and were some of the fastest guys in college. they get into the league and are still fast, but are rated in the 60's or worse. but they're still fast in the game and they should be. if a guy is fast, he's fast. it has nothing to do with competition. other attributes like man coverage, zone coverage, tackling etc. should come in lower due to competition maybe, but those are stats that can progress. throw power, speed, acceleration - the traits that can't progress - show remain mostly the same from ncaa.