View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
fistofrage
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: All American harder or tone down Heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriluk
I think the relevance of my question fits this thread.

I have noticed on AA the AI QB will NOT tuck and run when no one is open, there is open field in front of him, and he is about to get hit. Basically the AI qb will stay in the pocket until either someone is open or he gets sacked. I did not know this as I have only played vs user this year. This makes the game incredibly unrealistic when playing teams like aub or baylor.

This is too bad since the AI is not afraid to use slow developing QB run plays from shotgun with slow pocket passers.

Do the QB's on Heisman tuck and run ever during pass plays? If so then I need to start testing Heisman sliders.
No, its an issue with the game. I think because 13 year olds hated getting burned by scrambling QB's and cried about it, EA basically eliminated it.

You may want to do a test that I have been meaning to do for a while. Put QBA accauracy up to 100 and see if that effects their awareness to scramble. I will say that I do see the QB scramble a bit more on AA with QBA accuracy at 25 vs Heisman with an Accuracy of 10, but at most I have seen them take off 5 times per game. You don't have to gameplan and spy the QB like you did on the PS2 versions. Disappointing.

When the game first came out, the AI would miss passes even on default sliders, the passing game felt right, but in patch 1, EA decided to bring back Robo QB so most slider sets have decreased AI QB accuracy.