View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #1144
pabby21
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empey3
Hey Again Everyone - It's Ya Boy Empeythree.

So I have switched back to simulation settings again just to try it out in my new association with the Bulls. I've played two games and I have some startling results.

In my first game with the Thunder I won 99-78 or thereabouts with about 44% from the field. The offensive rebounding advantage still goes to the CPU - no way around that I don't think and I don't think switching the slider all the way to 100 is the answer. Durant had a terrible shooting game but still scored 32 points. Rose was incredible and had 38 points. I believe the turnover were about even and not really anything to talk about there EXCEPT that wild animation where the ball goes flying out of bounds on a simple swing pass does not happen on simulation - perhaps once in a blue moon, rather than the ridiculous amount of times it happened on the Purist sliders. No offense, but I thought this was a problem. Also, the on ball steals were just a tad out of hand as well THOUGH on simulation settings it NEVER happens. So that's that game.

THEN, in my second game against the Pistons I was very impressed. We won 88-73 and even if the Pistons rallied (somehow, God willing AI), I would have been okay with it because Maxiell was having a good game hitting the odd J and they were winning the offensive rebounding battle. However, we executed won the stretch and Boozer absolutely did work. He scored 28 in the second half and was hitting jumpers and dunking like a wildebeast. Rose was exceptional. He shot 10-22 for 24 and 9 assists with 4 steals and 1 turnover. Deng was the only guy who was absolutely awful (again), but did hit a few nice jumpers in the second half. He shots 3-14. Is this happening to other people with him. I'm not huge on his game at all in real life or in virtual basketball. Noah is a Man among Boys in the paint though.

Some stats: Me: 33/80, 41%FG, 1/13 3's, 21/27 FT's, 25 assists, 10 turnovers, 13 team fouls, 44 total rebonds, 11 offensive, 14 steals, 7 blocks, 42 PIP.

Now that I'm looking at it I did win the Offensive Rebounding battle by 1 measly rebound. Still, something to write home about, even against the Pistons?

I'm thinking that the team fouls are a problem. Reach Ins on the CPU NEVER occur NOR do Offensive fouls. I'm also thinking that 3's are a major issue and that that needs to be turned up just a tad. So I'm going to make those changes and come back with more news.

After our huge home win I prepared a meal for me and the boys. Shrimp fettucini alfredo with asparagus, sun dried tomato, and cauliflower. AND, do you think Carlos Boozer would drink an Australian Shiraz?

I also suggest restricting your play as addictive as this game is. I went away for a few days and came back and have played 1 game a night and I don't get ridiculously upset. I hope this continues. I yell at the game still, but it's more encouragement.

Whatever works though in terms of sliders. I'm not saying that the Purist Greenie sliders are bad in any way. I enjoyed several excellent games with variations from those and I don't find them that different from the sim settings anyway, but something nags at me PERSONally when it comes to altering the way the game was designed, especially when I can get reasonable results from its original settings.

Cheers to Beers Everyone,

Empeythree
I don't understand, you work with the Bulls? haha

I'm Australian, and our Australian wine is some of the best in the world, so yes.....I highly recommend our shiraz....my parents are big wine lovers!