View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 03:42 AM   #1170
Cesco
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by black man
First off, excellent sliders greenie. Plays great. Great stats. Mimics real life NBA as much as I've seen a bball sim.

My issue...I HATE all star. It plays great and I love the cpu's intelligence...until the last 2 to 3 minutes when video game logic takes over. You can almost pinpoint the time for the computer to make its "run." I don't mind losing games when I start taking bad shots, become undisciplined on D and resort to "video game" tactics. But I hate feeling like a game is just stolen from me...to have a unbelievable realistic experience for a good 45 min real time, to end up feeling like a waste.

Again, great work.
I feel you man, but keep trying. Yesterday I started messing with defensive settings and now I make life much more difficult for the CPU. Like Greenie already said in a pair of post, play tight both on-ball and off-ball on players who like to kill you with jumpers coming out of blocks, double in the post players like KG and strong centers. Sag off on players who drive all the time instead of putting up jumpers. Defenders who sag off are more likely to steal passes too! Yesterday I still lost two games out of three, but I lost by a few points instead of 20. I'm almost there (keep dreaming Cesco, keep dreaming, eh eh).

I still feel that sometimes CPU makes absurd runs and throw up forced shoots that you never see when they are ahead, but lately I've become a much more challenging player for the CPU :-D