Old 01-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #32
bkrich83
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Tomlinson's Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli311
So, I know he still has one more year with the Jets, and they should still be a playoff caliber team next year, but after ten years in the league, is LT's legacy pretty much set? In ten career playoff games, he's rushed 131 times for 468 yards and six TDs, as well as caught 25 passes for 176 yards and one TD. Even as a Charger fan, I was still pulling for him to get his ring this year (despite my hatred for the Jets).

Barring an amazing postseason from him next year with a ring to cap it all off, will LT always be remembered as a top tier RB during the regular season who just can't get it done in January?
Part of the issue was he took such a beating in the regular season he was rarely healthy when it came to the postseason. When he was (see Pats game in '06) he had a monster game, but the team around him melted down.

The only game where he was healthy in the post season and he didn't really play well was the Jets game in the '04 season. And to be honest the Jets dominated the LOS in that game..

To me his legacy is, he's the best player the Chargers have ever had.