View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #14
Rod_Carew29
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Offseason trades and waiver claims

Kniiiiiiight! Whats good? I woulda NEVER thought I have had one on you! The king of the workarounds? Wow LOLOLOL

I love the player vault....and you know what? Honestly, if there's nothing for it in franchise, I'm good...the way I do things, I wont miss it anyway...

My sched is like SCEA's...I mean the only time in the last year that I was basically off from doing anything rosters-wise was December 2010/and about 2 weeks into 2011.....that's it LOL

I first discovered this workaround while playing in my 2010 franchise. Right after the real-life trade of Oswalt going to the Phils. I tried moving him and the over budget message came up. I hadn't noticed Philly was over....

At first I was gonna do one of those three team trades, but then I realized in this case, it wouldn't work...so something told me to release him. I did that. But my initial mistake was that I had all of the NL Central teams place a claim (LMAO)...stupid me (duh!)..so whomever was in last place at the time (cant remember now) claimed him. LOL THAT wasnt gonna work, so I released him from that wrong team and made sure I only claimed him with the Phillies. In a couple of days he was automatically assigned to the Phils' AAA team and from there it was a wrap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Really!
Nice!

Hey RC....you gotta be diggin' the player vault, right?...I had all of us in mind when I asked for individual imports...but guys like you specifically who didn't do a complete set en masse...but individuals. Too bad no in franchise import yet...but I see that coming.

Thanks for the tip on moving players for over budget teams!

M.K.
Knight165