View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #28
TNT713
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 10 or Madden 11?

Having read several of the posts in this thread (but not all) I must chime in with my thoughts of whether you should get Madden 10 or 11.

First, take this from a serious Madden player. If you have gone this long without Madden 10 or 11, I'll have to guess that you aren't a 'serious' Madden player. Serious players don't go a year without the game. That said let's cover your topics:

Graphics

The graphics are better on 11. Players look practically the same, but lighting and the effect on the game looks more natural. Like always though, graphics won't matter after the 200th game without the other items...

Gameplay

Madden 11 is better hands down. In Madden 10, the ball carrier only runs at 3 possible speeds - STOP, GO, & GO FAST while the defense can run at variable speeds. The discrepancy makes it very difficult to avoid tackles. In Madden 11, players on both sides have fully functional analog speed. This is the biggest reason so many people say the games "FEEL" different.

Modes

Online Co-op is worth the price of Madden 11 (assuming you can find good teammates). In the first few weeks after the release I played online Co-op exclusively. Easily the best mode ever added to Madden, IMO... But it also shined a light on how many people simply aren't skilled enough to be good teammates. When the mode became popular enough that everyone was playing it - it started to lose it's luster. Bad teammates hurt the mode.

I spend 99.9% of my time playing online ranked games. Still the draw for me. There are far less antics this year.

Options

GameFlow and GamePlanning are both nice additions for people that don't care about play calling or care tremendously about it...

Fun

IMO, Madden 11 is more fun because it's where the serious players are. I derive much of my fun from the challenge of facing other players who want to win as much as I do.

As far as which purchase you should make, it really depends on why you play Madden. If you're playing for fun, either will suffice. But if you really want the better game, get Madden 11.

Later