Home

Madden 10 or Madden 11?

This is a discussion on Madden 10 or Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 10 or Madden 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII
Are you sure? I checked a bunch of youtube videos, and the Madden 10 halftime show never shows up. Instead, a small slideshow of Halftime highlights plays - which is basically a really barebone version of the M10 halftime show.

So, I'm assuming you don't have Madden 11.

I'm absolutely sure they still have the same halftime show as Madden 10. Fran and Charles are wearing the same clothes. I'm still playing Madden 11 with Franchise Mode. You press Y and it's the same halftime show.

It's in franchise mode. You can go by You Tube Vids if you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 6

In franchise, Madden 10 and 11 both have halftime shows, mostly the same. They also have the same identical weekly post game report shows. Nab - you may be thinking of exhibition games, where i don't think there is a halftime show in 11, just highlights, can't remember right now will have to check.

But in Madden 11 they don't have full post game highlights, where they do in Madden 10. Instead in 11, you have Q1/Halftime/Q3 highlights, then at end of game they only show you the Doritos play of the game. So if you had some awesome plays in the 4th qtr and it wasn't a doritos play of the game, you'll never see it. the problem with madden 10 highlights is they are all messed up. I remember they had a patch to fix this last year but it was never totally fixed. you get some highlights on some scores, and none in others.

Also Madden 10 running is much more organic as a madden game can get. Like the previous posts state, you have more control over your RB and it seems much more fair. In Madden 11, the only way to get consistent running is going up the middle and weaving around. Going to the outside almost never works. I think the whole auto run thing they really never got to work right in 11.

Like many said, 11 is a slight upgrade to 10. I still play both. But I hate to say this, but really both games and the series are somewhat broken. In Madden 10, I had 2011 rosters, used a middle of a road team, the Raiders, and won the SB in my first year. I had close playoff games but in the Sb, I beat the Redskins 49-7. yes the redskins. I checked the NFC champ game and it was the Panthers and Skins. 2 of the worst teams in the NFL! But I really enjoyed running the ball with McFadden in that game.
I also used the Raiders in Madden 11 back last year. I ended up not even running and just passing and it got me to the SB. I ended up losing to the cowboys but still, the raiders shouldn't have even gotten that far.

I guess what I am saying is if you have some skill, you can pretty much get far with your team in the post season in the madden series. I don't use sliders and this is all on all pro default, but they really need to do something next year to make the game more challenging but fair at the same time.

Last edited by hyacinth1; 02-27-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman232
get backbreaker
A) that wasn't the question.

B) that game's a joke.

Peace.........
Old 02-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Having read several of the posts in this thread (but not all) I must chime in with my thoughts of whether you should get Madden 10 or 11.

First, take this from a serious Madden player. If you have gone this long without Madden 10 or 11, I'll have to guess that you aren't a 'serious' Madden player. Serious players don't go a year without the game. That said let's cover your topics:

Graphics

The graphics are better on 11. Players look practically the same, but lighting and the effect on the game looks more natural. Like always though, graphics won't matter after the 200th game without the other items...

Gameplay

Madden 11 is better hands down. In Madden 10, the ball carrier only runs at 3 possible speeds - STOP, GO, & GO FAST while the defense can run at variable speeds. The discrepancy makes it very difficult to avoid tackles. In Madden 11, players on both sides have fully functional analog speed. This is the biggest reason so many people say the games "FEEL" different.

Modes

Online Co-op is worth the price of Madden 11 (assuming you can find good teammates). In the first few weeks after the release I played online Co-op exclusively. Easily the best mode ever added to Madden, IMO... But it also shined a light on how many people simply aren't skilled enough to be good teammates. When the mode became popular enough that everyone was playing it - it started to lose it's luster. Bad teammates hurt the mode.

I spend 99.9% of my time playing online ranked games. Still the draw for me. There are far less antics this year.

Options

GameFlow and GamePlanning are both nice additions for people that don't care about play calling or care tremendously about it...

Fun

IMO, Madden 11 is more fun because it's where the serious players are. I derive much of my fun from the challenge of facing other players who want to win as much as I do.

As far as which purchase you should make, it really depends on why you play Madden. If you're playing for fun, either will suffice. But if you really want the better game, get Madden 11.

Later
Old 02-28-2011, 05:52 AM   #29
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I've played both Madden 10 and 11 for quite some time. I prefer Madden 10. I just like the overall feel and look of the game. My only complaints with 10 are:
1. That foolish stuttering the players do when they get up to full speed.
2. The cut scenes for the first down and touchdown happen way to often.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:20 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
On my Madden 11, I still have the same halftime show as Madden 10.

They never removed it, they just didn't add to it.

What version do you have ps3, xbox, ps2??? I only get some highlights with no cutaway or announcer and its on to the second half. M10 took you to the studio, around the league etc.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
What version do you have ps3, xbox, ps2??? I only get some highlights with no cutaway or announcer and its on to the second half. M10 took you to the studio, around the league etc.
Xbox 360.

Ok, folks, I made an error.

There is not a halftime show like in Madden 10.

They still have the Extra Point after the game in Franchise Mode. That is the same as Madden 10.

My apologies to Nab and thanks to mjhyankees for pointing that out.

I'll still take Madden 11 over Madden 10 any day of the week. Madden 10 has lousy pursuit angles, no tippy toe catches and terrible run blocking compared to 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
I guess what I am saying is if you have some skill, you can pretty much get far with your team in the post season in the madden series. I don't use sliders and this is all on all pro default, but they really need to do something next year to make the game more challenging but fair at the same time.
You really don't need too much skill to go far in Madden playing on all-pro because its too easy like its always been... There's some all-madden sliders you should try if your looking for a challenge with realistic results and fair play in the slider forum.

But back to the topic.. Like most people say Madden 11 is a little upgrade from 10 but I still believe its a much better game to have fun with. There was alot more stuff you could exploit the AI with on Madden 10 that you can't on Madden 11.. So that was a big upgrade to the game in my opinion..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »