View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #483
BadKermit
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Played the demo three times last night. I don't know if it is where my 360 Profile is set to Hard difficulty settings or what, but I lost all 3 games. First one was 0-5 when i was getting used to the game. I was the Giants. Walked my very first batter which was pretty cool. I gae up 3 runs that inning before I got the pitching down, or so I thought...

Game 2 was terrible. I lost 18-0. My infield never made one play smoothly, every time a ball was hit, it was either a gapper or an error. All my outs came from strikeouts or fly outs in the outfield. It also didn't help that Barry Zito was terrible inaccurate. Some pitches that were really close to MAX Pitch were all the way across from the plate where I targeted. I know the cursor is the break spot to, and that is what I used last year, but even fastballs were opposite of what I had in mind. One instance was where I threw a fastball that was aimed high and outside, but landed in the dirt inside. I know I didn't get a bad gesture and it wasn't weak or overthrown, just terrible inaccurate.

Game 3 I lost 4-0. I pitched better. Only gave up runs because of errors and one solo HR. I still haven't seen a CPU error, only 50,000 from my SF Giants, but its only been three games. I still need to work on my hitting. I am not getting the too early or too late feedbacks, I am not getting anything. My timing is right, but there have been many cases where the swing was on time, just way way off target. I don't know if it was a fluke last night, but I couldn't hit because the AI was swinging 6+ inches over everything for me even though I was timing it right.

Hopefully tonight will be a different story. I may try the Rangers and see if I can actually hit.

EDIT: Not going good so far. I've given up 4 runs so far through the top of the 1st. I realyl am not liking Zito at all. It started out nice with a ground ball for an out, but then they hit one right over the infield, then another, then one off the wall, the a HR. I am pitching near perfect pitches in the suggested zones, its just not working for me at all and feels sort of cheep.

Now I just went up and struck out swinging twice and grounded out. On the end of inning replay my swing was on time, just 6 inches over the ball. Seriously thinking about not getting this after all.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one getting crushed.

- Mike Royko