View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
nixon08
Rookie

OVR: 1
Giving up on Pure Analog Hitting

So I've decided (for now) that I am going to give up on the analog hitting. I'm throwing in the towel. Why? Because I'm THIS CLOSE to hurling my PS3 through a sliding glass door.

First let me say this: I play baseball. I played my entire childhood, high school, and still at age 28 I am playing competitive baseball against guys who throw 80-90 mph.

HITTING THE FRIGGIN' BALL IN THE SHOW ON PURE ANALOG IS HARDER THAN HITTING AN ACTUAL 90 MPH FASTBALL.

It severely frustrates me that I am waiving the white flag, as one of the reasons I purchased the game was for this new feature, but I just can't take it anymore. I don't have time to play the g-d dam game all day every day. At most I can squeeze in one game a night, and I'm not always at my most focused at 9:00 on a weekday night. I've played nearly an entire spring training and my team batting average is below the mendoza line. There are times where I show flashes of improvement, but then the very next game I'll be swinging at everything.

I think I could play this game for a year straight and I'd STILL never be able to tell the difference between a change and a fastball until AFTER the bottom has dropped out of it and I'm bashing myself in the forehead with my dual shock controller for swinging. I don't know what my problem is, but I just cannot seem to pull it together. I am playing on Veteran, with my batting sliders pushed all the way up. I've used practice mode quite a bit, and here's the thing...I do great in the cage. But on the field it just doesn't translate. I hate this game.

If all you have to say is "practice more", then I hate you too. I need to hear from others who have said "F This" and given up on analog hitting entirely.

Where's the emoticon for "donkey punch self in face"?

Oh wait...

----> (<-- me)
Advertisements - Register to remove