Old 04-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #22
brza37
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden ever problem, LE having more sacks than RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Well thats a problem with the animations in general, not the idea. Animations shouldn't take to long to play out, and QBs should take longer to react to a defender coming from his blindside, than a defender that's in his line of site.

You don't really have to add an extra animation. It could just take the QB a half a second longer to start moving when a defender is coming from his blindside. That's the only way to really simulate a QB's blind side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
That'd be so frustrating. Sorry I understand the point, but I want my guy to move when I move him
Yeah I wouldn't want that either. As a user I 'd rather have responsiveness over the realism of not being able to see the entire field. If they were going to do this I'd rather see them bring back the vision cone because I shouldn't be able to see all my receivers at once either. But I don't wanna start an argument over the QB vision cone though.

But I think the lack of a blindside factor for REs isn't really as much a problem in HUM/HUM games as it is in HUM/CPU anyway. The fact that the CPU has no concept of blindside is frustrating because combined with the fact that the CPU feels pressure from the RE as easily as the LE and automatically drifts to the QB's right it makes things that much more difficult for the RE to get sacks.

As someone already posted I think if they decreased the QBs vision raidus on his blindside AND stopped the automatic drift right then this could really help with the problem. I can't begin to judge how easy or difficult this would be to program. Though, it would be cool to hear whether this is something that has been/will be considered or whatever.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise